Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #2,657 of 4,317
Got round to a longer listen today & my impression has changed. I think it sounds very good. I guess it would be even better using the balanced connection ?? Ultimately, it will still mainly be used for headphone listening, but it’s nice to have the option.
Only a word of caution. Never connect a balanced to inbalanced. This can damage your DMP or the receiver or both.

If your AV has a bakanced Input you can usethen the 4.4

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #2,659 of 4,317
I will finally get my DMP as itturns out one cant save money on theregular bank account withoutthe socialwelfare authority notices it and removes the aid

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #2,663 of 4,317
I just noticed a bizarre thing. I’m letting my DMP just play in alphabetical order, of albums & you can guess that I’m a stickler for monitoring hours of audio played. Well Madonna’s album “Rebel Heart’ was playing last & I was definitely on 578 hrs & 11 minutes. I’ve just resumed and the previous album was playing & the audio had gone back to 577 hrs & so many minutes. Odd ! ( I just realised that it started from where I switched it off last night & it’s like it’s wiped what I’ve played so far today. Hope that doesn’t happen again, especially has I have got into the habit of posting my monthly usage & of course that’s not now accurate ! - not that anyone’s interested in that, other than me ! :smile: )

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #2,664 of 4,317
Correct. You can have both set on. Remastering is an independent feature and does not require Direct to be On or Off.
You can only enable DSD Remastering if Direct Source is ON.

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,665 of 4,317
I just noticed a bizarre thing. I’m letting my DMP just play in alphabetical order, of albums & you can guess that I’m a stickler for monitoring hours of audio played. Well Madonna’s album “Rebel Heart’ was playing last & I was definitely on 578 hrs & 11 minutes. I’ve just resumed and the previous album was playing & the audio had gone back to 577 hrs & so many minutes. Odd ! ( I just realised that it started from where I switched it off last night & it’s like it’s wiped what I’ve played so far today. Hope that doesn’t happen again, especially has I have got into the habit of posting my monthly usage & of course that’s not now accurate ! - not that anyone’s interested in that, other than me ! :smile: )
Do zpustill perceive burn in vhanges?

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #2,666 of 4,317
You can only enable DSD Remastering if Direct Source is ON.
Tup, that is something i noticed upon testing it in Berkin. Had i activated the sound effects it was grayed out. As soon i enabled source direct it became available to tick

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,668 of 4,317
DMP Z1 has a dedicated Power supplies intake to “take advantages” of external PSU. Unlike the Chinese stuff, or FiiO M17 , which is sharing the same Regulators from batteries for external PSU.

The DMP Z1 will benefit with an external power supply , depending on the design of such, the DMP Z1 is going to be at it optimized performances, if you don’t need to take it on the go, which needs the built in batteries.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #2,669 of 4,317
DMP Z1 has a dedicated Power supplies intake to “take advantages” of external PSU. Unlike the Chinese stuff, or FiiO M17 , which is sharing the same Regulators from batteries for external PSU.

The DMP Z1 will benefit with an external power supply , depending on the design of such, the DMP Z1 is going to be at it optimized performances, if you don’t need to take it on the go, which needs the built in batteries.

Remind us of your PSU again @Whitigir & it’s not as straight forward as plug in & play is it ?? Or is it ??

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,670 of 4,317
It is plug in and play, but because it was built dedicated for purest power supplies, it needs a certain steps in power on and off.

Other PSU which is also dedicated but with built in protections are also available. I can recommend HDPlex easily. You can also find some DIY stuff and have it commissioned to your taste, with the components of your choices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back