Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Sep 28, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #2,611 of 4,317
Oh ! That’s one of the great things I found. Initially, I placed in my SD cards & it didn’t sound right, but then I used DSD Remastering & that was where the magic begin. I just ripped all my music & let the DSD Remastering do it’s thing. I can’t ever imagine needing to use the added space, with SD cards ?
Well i have 10% of my library as Hi-res and the rest 16/44.1 FLAC in 1.44TB. Thats like 62100 tracks or 3529 album. Solely the hi-res part is 570GB and the CD flac part is 900GB

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #2,612 of 4,317
Well i have 10% of my library as Hi-res and the rest 16/44.1 FLAC in 1.44TB. Thats like 62100 tracks or 3529 album. Solely the hi-res part is 570GB and the CD flac part is 900GB

As I said, I don’t necessarily see a need for actual Hi Res files, FLAC, e.t.c. because the DSD Remastering is so good. Obviously, I don’t know what other owners do, but personally it’s a surprise to me, an unexpected one. I could fit nearly another 13.000 songs on with the space……unfortunately, I won’t live another 40 years to do that !

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,614 of 4,317
Can someone pls tell me the DMP DC plug size I did a search but the thread is too long I know I saw it somewhere. I am trying to buy an external power supply and was looking HDPlex which is always sold out.

I am looking at https://ferrum.audio/hypsos/ which only come with a
5.5x2.5mm and a 5.5x2.1mm DC plug will it fit the DMP?

TIA
A while back, I was told this power supply had a compatible plug, but I never bought it: Futurebatt New AC Adapter Charger for Sony Vaio Series 19.5V 90W Power Supply Cord Laptop Notebook Power Cable

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,615 of 4,317
Well my dream have come true and I finally got a good listen to the best in the world Dmp-z1 player.
Oh mine what a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the masterpiece from sony in such a portable and well constructed device where everything was tough out to be the best of what sony can put everything in together to present us the signature series sound tuning from sony.

Huge thanks to my best buddy @pdL389 it is thanks to him I am a blessed Tiger who finally knows what is a Dmp-z1 wilderness of a beast.

I will only say one phrase then you ask as many questions you want lmao.

So what is Dmp-Z1 in the eyes and ears of mr.Tiger?

DMP-Z1 is the perfection of wm1z. Yep Dmp-z1 is what I consider wm1z should be at its best . It's the absolute perfect sound that one seeks from 1z. For who ever who own 1z and wants more out of it get dmp-z1 and it will complete all your craves and desires you been always dreaming to get out of 1z.

Is money a factor play at should you get it or not? That only you can decide.
In my opinion I think if you already have 1z and seeking for the ultimate then money has no importance here as you simply need IT. ITS THE BEST YOU CAN HAVE that money can buy specially for real sony fan boys 😛

🐅🐾

Attachments

• PXL_20210928_230305967.jpg
    PXL_20210928_230305967.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210928_230312797.jpg
    PXL_20210928_230312797.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210928_230319255.jpg
    PXL_20210928_230319255.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210928_230348004.jpg
    PXL_20210928_230348004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #2,617 of 4,317
Hey peeps I picked up a Meze Rai Penta yesterday. Was totally set on getting the
IER-Z1R but after going back and forth listening for 2 hours I couldn't pull the trigger on the Sony. IER-Z1R was not comfortable and I found the Rai Penta more relaxed also the comfort level was outstanding. Having the MDR-Z1R I did want the IER-Z1R maybe another time.

All the listening was done with the DMP

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #2,618 of 4,317
Sony MDR-Z1R is not a good pairing with DMP indeed being too "dark" hence masking details, whereas IER-Z1R is perfect.
I am having MDR-Z1R with DMP-Z1 for 2 years and don’t feel it is too dark and can hear a lot of details, especially with jazz and classical music. May be this is the only one headphone I have with DMP-Z1 and no comparison with others.

Anyone try Focal Clear Mg with DMP-Z1? This is one of the headphone I would like to try with DMP-Z1.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2,619 of 4,317
I am having MDR-Z1R with DMP-Z1 for 2 years and don’t feel it is too dark and can hear a lot of details, especially with jazz and classical music. May be this is the only one headphone I have with DMP-Z1 and no comparison with others.

Anyone try Focal Clear Mg with DMP-Z1? This is one of the headphone I would like to try with DMP-Z1.

My issue with the MDR-Z1R was the boominess at the low-end. I've switch to a Dan Clark Stealth and I'm very happy with it. However, I always enjoyed the mid and highs on the MDR.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,620 of 4,317

I tried the Focal Stellia few days back when I was picking up the Rai Penta IEM. Guy at the store got me the Stellia just to try as I wanted to try a Focal but a closed back. I was not impressed with the build quality sure looks nice but every damn part was creaking, I listened to it for maybe 5 minutes so I can't say much about the sound quality.

I read all the stellar reviews online about the looks and build quality and was surprised at the creaking so I asked him and he said most people buy Focal because of the name but there are much better headphones and don't believe all the reviews.

I also tried the Dan Clark Stealth beautiful build, sound I guess was not bad but the DMP-Z1 could not drive it even with high gain engaged. So I asked the guy what's going on, he said when they first got the Dan Clark Stealth unit they thought it was broken or something wrong as none of their amps in the store could drive it. Then they got the second demo pair and same issue. Bottom line he said don't believe the specs they are extremely difficult to drive with any amp. Very nice to look at and build quality was super and also very light too bad they are so difficult to drive.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #2,621 of 4,317
My issue with the MDR-Z1R was the boominess at the low-end. I've switch to a Dan Clark Stealth and I'm very happy with it. However, I always enjoyed the mid and highs on the MDR.
You are having no issues driving the Stealth?! I could not get much output with high gain and volume at 2 to 3 o'clock position, normally I rarely go past 11 o'clock on the DMP with other headphones

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #2,623 of 4,317
I tried the Focal Stellia few days back when I was picking up the Rai Penta IEM. Guy at the store got me the Stellia just to try as I wanted to try a Focal but a closed back. I was not impressed with the build quality sure looks nice but every damn part was creaking, I listened to it for maybe 5 minutes so I can't say much about the sound quality.

I read all the stellar reviews online about the looks and build quality and was surprised at the creaking so I asked him and he said most people buy Focal because of the name but there are much better headphones and don't believe all the reviews.

I also tried the Dan Clark Stealth beautiful build, sound I guess was not bad but the DMP-Z1 could not drive it even with high gain engaged. So I asked the guy what's going on, he said when they first got the Dan Clark Stealth unit they thought it was broken or something wrong as none of their amps in the store could drive it. Then they got the second demo pair and same issue. Bottom line he said don't believe the specs they are extremely difficult to drive with any amp. Very nice to look at and build quality was super and also very light too bad they are so difficult to drive.
Where did u go? Headfoneshop or BayBloorRadio?

I still have yet to listen to the Stellia but I’ve tried the Utopia and the Clear. I don’t remember those to creak badly. And for the Stealth, I used the WA11 Topaz and it was able to drive it quite easily in high gain with the volume knob at right around 10 o’clock. I’m surprised the DMP-Z1 would have trouble with it. I’ll probably head down to BBR to try that setup out. I haven’t been there in a while as Hfs is closer to me.

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,624 of 4,317
Where did u go? Headfoneshop or BayBloorRadio?
BayBloor they did a lot of reno, now they have a small room where you can shut the door and listen isolated to all the headphones you want to inside the room. Lol maybe because I took the DMP with me they were so nice 😜 btw sales person was very patient and no rushing.

Man it was creaking everywhere kind of put me off so I didn't really feel like listening, maybe a few minutes I plugged them in. I personally didn't like the way its built with all the metal especially the feeling of the metal where it's attached to the ear cups, and I didn't like the thick headband either. The Dan Clark Stealth was superbly built. I was at 2 or 3 o'clock on the DMP even with high gain and it wasn't loud!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,625 of 4,317
BayBloor they did a lot of reno, now they have a small room where you can shut the door and listen isolated to all the headphones you want to inside the room. Lol maybe because I took the DMP with me they were so nice 😜 btw sales person was very patient and no rushing.

Man it was creaking everywhere kind of put me off so I didn't really feel like listening, maybe a few minutes I plugged them in. I personally didn't like the way its built with all the metal especially the feeling of the metal where it's attached to the ear cups, and I didn't like the thick headband either. The Dan Clark Stealth was superbly built. I was at 2 or 3 o'clock on the DMP even with high gain and it wasn't loud!
Did you buy the DMP from them? 🤣

Oh boy, I really need to visit BBR sometime soon!

I’m gonna go have a try with the Stellia as well.

Nice to see another person from Toronto here tho 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back