Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #2,296 of 4,319
when a Headphone/IEM is engineered well, like my M7 it would scale well with an excellent source ? And when the HP/IEM is flawed like the fiio FA7 (bassy signature and veiled) it wont scale or improve with a good source f.e. DMP-Z1

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #2,297 of 4,319
when a Headphone/IEM is engineered well, like my M7 it would scale well with an excellent source ? And when the HP/IEM is flawed like the fiio FA7 (bassy signature and veiled) it wont scale or improve with a good source f.e. DMP-Z1
Bump

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #2,298 of 4,319
Are you asking if your M7 will scale with a DMP-Z1? If so, yes, it should. I haven’t heard an M7 but my M9 certainly does scale up with DMP-Z1. Main improvements I hear (compared to my WM1Z) is a greater sense of soundstage space and instrument separation. Each note sounds like it’s rendered in its own space inside the image without any sort of congestion or muddiness. There is a pitch black background between each note, compared to WM1Z which exhibits a bit more noise and fuzziness. Bass hits harder and fuller with greater texture however it does sound a little less forward than WM1Z. I find M9 bass can sound a little uncontrolled and slow with WM1Z by comparison. Vocals sound lifelike with a more natural timbre. Treble has excellent clarity and sparkle, and generally sounds more refined compared to WM1Z.

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2,299 of 4,319
Are you asking if your M7 will scale with a DMP-Z1? If so, yes, it should. I haven’t heard an M7 but my M9 certainly does scale up with DMP-Z1. Main improvements I hear (compared to my WM1Z) is a greater sense of soundstage space and instrument separation. Each note sounds like it’s rendered in its own space inside the image without any sort of congestion or muddiness. There is a pitch black background between each note, compared to WM1Z which exhibits a bit more noise and fuzziness. Bass hits harder and fuller with greater texture however it does sound a little less forward than WM1Z. I find M9 bass can sound a little uncontrolled and slow with WM1Z by comparison. Vocals sound lifelike with a more natural timbre. Treble has excellent clarity and sparkle, and generally sounds more refined compared to WM1Z.
I noticed same as you with m7 in DMP vs 1A

my question was more of if DMP can improve or rather fix a flawed HP/IEM like the fiio FA7 which ti me sounded too bassy and veiled lacking detaila sounding extremely veiled (hence i returned it and gor sony M7 instead)

May 1, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #2,300 of 4,319
I weote to Johnny from Accessory Jack inquiring how much of a deal on a DMP.

he replied back
Thank you very much for your inquiry.

DMp-Z1will be discontinue very soon. Since it is too big and too heavy, the shipping fee is ultra expensive. So we took it out from our product offering. Regards, Johnny

May 2, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #2,301 of 4,319
is he talking about stopping offering it in their shop specifically? not sure if the DMP will be discontinued any time soon, especially in Japan. as that's really where the enthusiast crazy enough to use the DMP and bring it around everywhere exist.

May 2, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #2,302 of 4,319
is he talking about stopping offering it in their shop specifically? not sure if the DMP will be discontinued any time soon, especially in Japan. as that's really where the enthusiast crazy enough to use the DMP and bring it around everywhere exist.
Thats is what i dont
Know. If specific to his shop or permanently all around the world

May 2, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #2,303 of 4,319
Thats is what i dont
Know. If specific to his shop or permanently all around the world
It’s not on their discontinued list in their website in Japanese. So until it is, it is NOT discontinued

May 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #2,304 of 4,319
May 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2,305 of 4,319
May 15, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #2,306 of 4,319
Some say the DSD remastering of the TA-Z1ES is not a night and day difference.

the DSD-RE on the DMP did a difference with 16-bit 44.1kHz FLAC (Haydn the complete symphonies/Decca/Antal Dorati & Philharmonia Hungarica. Vivaldi concerti e Cantate da Camera I-III/Naive/L’Astree consort). With 24-bit flac above 44.1KHz i noted a refinement in the sound (vivaldi concerti per Fagotto Iii &. IV/Naive/Sergio azzolini —— Vivaldi concerti per arch II /Naive/Il Pomo d’Oro — vivaldi conxerti pe violinist VIII/Naive/Concert de la Loge).

with resampled DSD there was not a difference to my ears. Original files are DSD 2.8224MHz album in particular is Charpentier: a la Chapelle royal di Versailles/Alia Vox/Capella real de Catalunya - Jordi Savall) converted to FLAC 24-bit 88.2kHz for compatibility issues with NW-A25 DAP

May 15, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #2,307 of 4,319
@Whitigir dbPowerAmp release 17.3 suite now converts to DSD all the way to 512. Have not tewted it how good it is but the older DSD decoder only resampled DSD to PCM very transparent

May 28, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,308 of 4,319
Today i browsed sony japan site. I managed to get into walkman catwgory after trying by trial and error.

clicking wverywhere there’s no DMP to be seen

May 28, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,309 of 4,319
It’s not a walkman. They’ve said so many times

May 28, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #2,310 of 4,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back