Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Feb 22, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #2,266 of 4,317
I have one just like this and it worths every penny. 15% jump in performance for your DMP. It just sound more dynamics and slam a little harder to my ears. Soundstage opens up even more as well.
I assumed the performance improvement is compared to AC power mode. How is the improvement as compare to Battery mode?

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #2,267 of 4,317
I assumed the performance improvement is compared to AC power mode. How is the improvement as compare to Battery mode?
This is compared to the battery mode.

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #2,268 of 4,317
Mar 7, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #2,269 of 4,317
Mar 7, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #2,270 of 4,317
Mar 12, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #2,272 of 4,317
Fantasy... fantasy...: This night I dreamed of an upgraded DMP Z2 with (1) very big OLED reclining screen Or... (2) a Bluetooth iPAD app like the Aurender Conductor, (2) wifi support for streaming (wifi disconectable for "interference free" local playback), and (4) a real fixed-output Line out to use it as my home server. Santa claus... ?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,273 of 4,317
Fantasy... fantasy...: This night I dreamed of an upgraded DMP Z2 with (1) very big OLED reclining screen Or... (2) a Bluetooth iPAD app like the Aurender Conductor, (2) wifi support for streaming (wifi disconectable for "interference free" local playback), and (4) a real fixed-output Line out to use it as my home server. Santa claus... ?
You are not the only ine dreaming so. I had a dream of a DMp-Z1R that was the wize of DX220max or catin C9 and costed only 2999€ and had

big oled screen
The new S-MASTER wony DAC used on SA-z1
Up to 10W of power
4x micro sd sloys
Usb c pig tail connectors for analogue out (ECA, 3.5 XLR 4.4 (
Usb C pig tails for eigital input and output for optical, SPDIF, coax and usb
In fact ont facing had a LED sample rate marble like chord does
Had a D-pad and touch screen
Had a tube amp emulator instead or vinyl processor and a PEQ and crossfeed for stereo widening
DSD remaster up to DSD1024
DSEE UX for pcm to 768kHz
A battery vat which dould use AA. C, 9V wither normal or NiMH lithium or lirhium ion batteries luke cayin c9
Dual battery tray for Amp and DAC isolated circuits

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,274 of 4,317
You are not the only ine dreaming so. I had a dream of a DMp-Z1R that was the wize of DX220max or catin C9 and costed only 2999€ and had

big oled screen
The new S-MASTER wony DAC used on SA-z1
Up to 10W of power
4x micro sd sloys
Usb c pig tail connectors for analogue out (ECA, 3.5 XLR 4.4 (
Usb C pig tails for eigital input and output for optical, SPDIF, coax and usb
In fact ont facing had a LED sample rate marble like chord does
Had a D-pad and touch screen
Had a tube amp emulator instead or vinyl processor and a PEQ and crossfeed for stereo widening
DSD remaster up to DSD1024
DSEE UX for pcm to 768kHz
A battery vat which dould use AA. C, 9V wither normal or NiMH lithium or lirhium ion batteries luke cayin c9
Dual battery tray for Amp and DAC isolated circuits
10W of power 😳😳😳

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #2,276 of 4,317
I would accept at least 6w. Yeah i hate dreams because you know upon waking up theyre not real
Heck, my dream right now is to just even own one lol

Ever since I've demoed it... I couldn't forget about it.

Now to try the next best thing... the TAZ... :sweat_smile:

Apr 21, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #2,278 of 4,317
*SOLD*

So I figured I'd post here first - as hard as it is.

Have come on some finical hard times and currently can't think of a way around having to sell my dmp-z1

But it definitely has to go to good home which is why hoping to find someone here who's been wanting one and will be able to get good deal on one.

I will get more facts to interested parties- please pm me, but only serious buyers- it doesn't even have the break in time listened to on it (by long shot- been too busy 😢) and is in brand new condition. Have full van nuys over shoulder carrying case and protective sleeve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back