Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
May 29, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #2,312 of 4,317
Does anybody know if you buy Z1 in EU is to volume capped ? If yes, is there firmware to remove volume cap ? Sony Store on amazon.de started to sell Z1s
I believe others have answered already in this thread that the EU version isn’t capped as it’s not really classed as a portable player like a DAP.
Good luck in finding one to buy in the EU. I’ve been looking for a while and it seems to be sold out all over Europe.

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2,313 of 4,317
Any suggestions where I could find a second power supply? One of the benefits of the DMP is that it's easy-ish to move around, but then I find myself also moving the power supply if it stays in one place for an extended period of time. I'd rather just have two power supplies and plug it in when I'm done driving the battery to the ground.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #2,315 of 4,317
Follow-on question: as usual, Sony's software is utter garbage. What do you use for tagging and transferring music to your DMP-Z1?
I have mediaGo from sony (discontinued) to manage music library.

for transfers i use drag and drip qith windows explorer.

another option would be MusicBee

Jun 6, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #2,316 of 4,317
Hi does some one know if the AAdvqntage eShopping has a DMap or where i can but a DMP with AA miles? And how many miles would one need. I have some miles i want toget ridif

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #2,317 of 4,317
Any suggestions where I could find a second power supply? One of the benefits of the DMP is that it's easy-ish to move around, but then I find myself also moving the power supply if it stays in one place for an extended period of time. I'd rather just have two power supplies and plug it in when I'm done driving the battery to the ground.
I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that this adaptor worked:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C72F62...olid=2VQGMOFFE5O2N&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I found and purchased a spare power adaptor from yahoo japan auctions. The part number is: ACDP-045L01

Follow-on question: as usual, Sony's software is utter garbage. What do you use for tagging and transferring music to your DMP-Z1?
On Windows, I'm very fond of using mp3tag. Makes updating tags and photos a million times easier.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #2,319 of 4,317
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C72F62...olid=2VQGMOFFE5O2N&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I found and purchased a spare power adaptor from yahoo japan auctions. The part number is: ACDP-045L01

On Windows, I'm very fond of using mp3tag. Makes updating tags and photos a million times easier.

Voltage looks spot on. I'll order it and then investigate more closely. It's Amazon, so returns are trivial. Thanks!

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #2,320 of 4,317

I think if you have an old sony VAIO laptop their power Adapters use the same plug and same voltage like the DMP

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #2,322 of 4,317
Is there one that costs 6800 dollar? Here on classifieds with a bundled Plex LPSU?
Yup, that’s the one @bigbeans is selling.
If only I lived in CONUS and had the money, I’d definitely go for it. But, alas, I always stay broke. 😭

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #2,323 of 4,317
Yup, that’s the one @bigbeans is selling.
If only I lived in CONUS and had the money, I’d definitely go for it. But, alas, I always stay broke. 😭
And i lice in Europe … and also broke. Amazpn germany is selling DMP for 6700€ buy the price from @bigbeans is 1100€ cheaper thqm amazon de

Jun 7, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #2,324 of 4,317
And i lice in Europe … and also broke. Amazpn germany is selling DMP for 6700€ buy the price from @bigbeans is 1100€ cheaper thqm amazon de
I have the money and don’t want to make the jump. Just doesn’t feel right after finally using logic despite still wanting it. For far less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back