Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Nov 5, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #2,146 of 4,319
Noted and thank you for the advice :) I bought a used pair that are approximately 6 months old, so I am hoping that they are somewhat broken in already, however I will give them my own run in to make sure!

Unfortunately the stock cable that’s coming with my Phi is terminated in XLR, so I’ve bought a Woo Audio XLR4 to 4.4mm adapter. But eventually I’d like to replace the cable with either another stock one with 4.4mm termination, or a superconductor :wink:

i am happy you enjoy so much your new toy. Let us know if you upgrade to the SuperConductor. I will be very interested to hear if the cable upgrade is really worthy.

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #2,147 of 4,319
i am happy you enjoy so much your new toy. Let us know if you upgrade to the SuperConductor. I will be very interested to hear if the cable upgrade is really worthy.
I am seriously considering it :)

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #2,148 of 4,319
Woot-Woot !!
Glad you're diggin' them man :wink:

I rarely venture to recommend anything to anybody, other than that they extensively experiment to arrive at their own conclusions... but IMHO this pairing are an exceedingly copasetic combination which enhance each others individual qualities. So I just had to put it out there, for the more we have a world filled with musically enriched, contented and happy people... the more chances there are of elevating the collective planetary vibration towards a positive, unified love of self and each other.

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #2,149 of 4,319
Woot-Woot !!
Glad you're diggin' them man :wink:

I rarely venture to recommend anything to anybody, other than that they extensively experiment to arrive at their own conclusions... but IMHO this pairing are an exceedingly copasetic combination which enhance each others individual qualities. So I just had to put it out there, for the more we have a world filled with musically enriched, contented and happy people... the more chances there are of elevating the collective planetary vibration towards a positive, unified love of self and each other.
Right on, man! This setup is a crazy amazing musical experience. Absolutely loving it!!

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #2,150 of 4,319
As for the Superconductor cable...if you decide that the Diana Phi are definitely keepers, but you wouldn't find fault with even more refinement, depth of tonality and all that is so agreeable about them already.... the hardest part will be holding out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #2,151 of 4,319
3A5BF023-962E-46D5-83A1-3699AE8553B7.jpeg

1ABFD12E-03E2-43DB-A2DB-3EA50FA396CC.jpeg

007D7AE8-D785-416F-BADB-0AEE502A6638.jpeg

3C1A769F-5451-4CBC-BF96-C814CCF2AD4F.jpeg

A bit late to the party. I inherit Whitigir's DMP-Z1EM, both hardware and firmware modded. My pairing is hd800s also modded by Whitigir and a custom EE Legend X SE and custom Sony JE-MH1.
Currently I'm floored by the brand new sonic performance, discovering the 2TB of my music library track by track… running DSD remaster engine in battery mode

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #2,152 of 4,319
Lucky dude indeed and well deserved!

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #2,155 of 4,319
Dear all, does anybody ever try to hook it up with your hiend system? Using cable from a 4.4 balanced port to RCA analog in, going straightly to your power amp? I am curious to know if it will sound good?
I am about to purchase it using in the above way, would it be worth to do so?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #2,156 of 4,319
Dear all, does anybody ever try to hook it up with your hiend system? Using cable from a 4.4 balanced port to RCA analog in, going straightly to your power amp? I am curious to know if it will sound good?
I am about to purchase it using in the above way, would it be worth to do so?
You can not go from 4.4mm into RCA. That is essentially going from Balanced into Single ended and short out 2 signal lines.

You can go from 3.5mm into RCA if you like, but definitely do not do 4.4mm to RCA

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #2,157 of 4,319
I see. Thanks much for your reply! So as if I make it a cable from 4.4 to XLR plug instead. That would be logical?
Moreover, are both outputs 3.5mm & 4.4mm can be worked simultaneously? Always plugging them both and listen to either one when needed. 3.5mm output for my headphones & 4.4mm for my hifi system😁? Thanks!

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #2,158 of 4,319
I see. Thanks much for your reply! So as if I make it a cable from 4.4 to XLR plug instead. That would be logical?
Moreover, are both outputs 3.5mm & 4.4mm can be worked simultaneously? Always plugging them both and listen to either one when needed. 3.5mm output for my headphones & 4.4mm for my hifi system😁? Thanks!
1/ yes, dual XLR-3 from 4.4 is ok.
2/ only 1 of them work at a time due to relays switching. Never tried both at the same time though. But I am guessing that it is either balanced taking priority or whatever plugged later ? They should be within the firmware

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #2,159 of 4,319
1/ yes, dual XLR-3 from 4.4 is ok.
2/ only 1 of them work at a time due to relays switching. Never tried both at the same time though. But I am guessing that it is either balanced taking priority or whatever plugged later ? They should be within the firmware

I see. Thanks very much for your prompt reply! That's great! But I wonder if anybody have tried using it for hifi system? Would it has enough gain? Or would it sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back