Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Mar 13, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #1,607 of 4,319
Being able to take advantages of Sony proprietary FPGA as a DAC in combination with Velvet Engine Digital Filters on AKM, the DMP Z1 is especially unique !!! It can also use AKM Purely for DAC purposes as well. This is like having multiple different DAP built into one

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #1,610 of 4,319
Well, you can technically make a battery pack for the DMP Z1. However, not only the battery is something of concern, but the battery management /charging circuit is also playing a role. It will do in a pinch, and that is why DMP Z1 has battery packs with circuits dedicated for audio. When building battery, you can switch the function into battery preferred, so it means the DMP own battery get charged up and being depleted slowly to power the device with the external pack being for extra juice

The Beauty of it is the ability to take in LPSU directly and switching by itself automatically

There is a real different between using it own batteries vs LPSU. That is why it is better to go with LPSU rather than using extra battery packs. Given that the Sigma 11 can be built so very compact as you have seen the pictures. It can easily fit into a traveler package with eases for a long road trip, and together with unlimited current, it has no problem to satisfy the demand of charging and operating together. Then 10 hours alone on DMP, there really is no need for the Extra battery pack

Mar 18, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #1,613 of 4,319
Whenever the DMP-Z1 is starting up, have you occasionally noticed the Sony logo disappearing for a moment and than reappearing again instead of being lit continuously? In other words, sometimes you have this black screen blink once during the start up process. Is that normal? I apologise if my question is little bit strange, just would like to know if someone else has experienced this as well.

Mar 18, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #1,615 of 4,319
I don’t usually turn mine off...but I never paid attention at it while it does it jobs. But I think it is normal. It is only abnormal when it doesn’t turn on or is stuck somewhere :)

What I am talking about can be seen in this video for instance:
The odd thing is that this happens like every 5th time you turn it on, but basically its random.
I guess that's just the way it is. :)
Thank you for your reply.

Mar 18, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #1,616 of 4,319
What I am talking about can be seen in this video for instance:
The odd thing is that this happens like every 5th time you turn it on, but basically its random.
I guess that's just the way it is. :)
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, it should be normal. It takes a long time to restart the DMP though, Hence I never stared at it while it does so. Even when upgrading firmware I couldn’t bare looking at it. Some other devices or DAP also has it blinking logos too, like Ibasso and Walkman

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #1,617 of 4,319
@Whitigir

Could you post how to change the region code on the DMP-Z1 again? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back