OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #166 of 228
like I said I'll probably not bring much/any gear other than a pair of cans, but here's what I have if there are some requests I might be inclined to bring some:

I've sold off most of my gear and purchased a couple speaker setups so the list is pretty short...

Cans: Senn HD580, AKG k271
Sources: Marantz SA8001, modded Music Hall CD25, Oppo BDP-83, Ariston Audio RD11 model E
Amps: Millet Hybrid Maxed (maxed) av123 x-head, RSA Tomahawk, maybe Musical Paradise MP-301 if it arrives in time

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #167 of 228
Apparently I am going to be away this weekend or so I am told by the wife. Heading up to Mystic for my Father-in-laws birthday for a few days. So that means I am out... sorry guys. I was really looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #168 of 228
So yea...you guys can take me off the list, I have orientation that Thursday/Friday, and I'm gunna stay up in the Albany area that weekend...sorry
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #170 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In all of my infinite wisdom, I immediately called the Cape May Ferry (while sitting in the deluge) to make a reservation for a 10:15 a.m. ferry headed back to Cape May. This will allow us to come up the Garden State Parkway, instead of the Turnpike, so we should be there arornd 1.Aaron

Good idea. I was going to say the same thing... find a way to take the GSP.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #171 of 228
Aww...I'm going to miss the raffle. Any chance you can enter/win even if you're not there later on the day?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #172 of 228
GSP to Exit 145, I.280 West to Exit 4, Eisenhower Pkwy South, to the Livingston Circle, right on Route 10 at the circle, proceed to the Ramada. Just call me Mr. MapQuest.

Prize to anyone who can complete this somewhat famous limerick:

Hookers Bethel and Ethel were siamese twins
Who worked the Ramada and Holiday Inns
Conventioneers raved over Bethel in bed, ...

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #173 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:
Hookers Bethel and Ethel were siamese twins
Who worked the Ramada and Holiday Inns
Conventioneers raved over Bethel in bed, ...

Ethel could only live vicariosly through Bethel's sins
We have a winnah!

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #175 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blue-footed-booby2.jpg

Hooray! And we only have three days until the meet! w00t!

JETC, we'll see when we get there. Some of the raffle stuff might not be easily shipped.

Don't forget to shower!

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #176 of 228
If the 32gb SD memory stick arrives and I have time to load it with anythng I'll bring my Creative Zen with the Yuin PK1's that sound better and work better as the antenna for the FM section than the POS phones Creative packages it's players with.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #177 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ethel could only live vicariosly through Bethel's sins
We have a winnah!

Well it was actually

"And none of them notice poor Ethel was dead"

but you finished first out of one, so the prize is yours.

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #178 of 228
REPORT ON HOTEL
==============

All systems are go. I was there today for the pre-meeting inspection.

The two rooms are joined, and set up. A big square, with 15 tables (45 chairs, 3 each) around 3 sides -- the tables just fit. The front wall has no tables, but if there are leftovers on Saturday after they set up weddings and such we will get 3 more.

I have asked for the doors to be unlocked at 7 a.m.

When you arrive at the hotel, walk in to the lobby, and turn LEFT. Go down to the end of the hall, and just before the bar & grill ("Miami Mike's") our rooms are on the right. Should be signed "Head-Fi".

We are reasonably close to the front door, and we have a set of mens' and ladies' rooms in a little alcove just outside our rooms, which is great. On top of that, we are right by Miami Mike's -- Mike himself has invited us all to eat there (of course, he wants the money) and he's a DJ, "likes headphones", and will drop in. There's a little door right in to the bar from our room that he wants to open -- we would have our own private entry to lunch (I said no).

Miami Mike's actually makes great burgers and wings and such, but it is hotel priced (except during happy hours and such) ... of course it is RIGHT THERE, five feet from us.

I'm going to eat there since it's close, and the hotel would like us to spend money, etc.

Anyway we can also think about it for dinner, although we can actually walk to Macaroni Grill (right in the next parking lot), where we ate last year. We can make a reservation late in the afternoon when we get a headcount.

For lunch you can walk across two parking lots and you are at Taco Bell. Not quite as close as Burger King was to the last NY Meet, but there's no street to cross (I was nearly run over twice). On the other side of Route 10 (you'll need your car) you will find BK, Mickey D, Wendy's. Next to Macaroni Grill is Chilis Mexican (chain). Other choices abound, including the fantastic Golden Touch diner (I thought maybe it was a massage parlor when I first moved here, given its name, but no, only burgers and milkshakes).

See you there!

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #180 of 228
I did a google on the address. Is this the one?
Ramada
130 Route 10 West
East Hanover, NJ 07936
(973) 386-5622

Users who are viewing this thread

Back