Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 30, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #3,346 of 3,690
WIil the old LISST (came with my Lyr 2) work with the new Vali2++ ?

Jan 30, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #3,347 of 3,690
I would enjoy tube rolling the Vali 2++ and I love the crazy name. But by the time Vali2++ rolled out I had a bunch of tubes for my Vali 2+. So I sat there with a 2-year warrantee and 10 years worth of tubes. I quickly bought a second Vali 2+. But I am sure the 2++ is sonically very close, probably a bit better because Schiit rolls that way.

Jan 30, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #3,348 of 3,690
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3,350 of 3,690
Can anyone identify this tube?

It came in a Vali 2 (original not "+" of any kind) that I bought used on Head-Fi. It was described as the "original tube," which would lead me to think it's a 6BZ7. It has no markings. Unlike other 6BZ7s I've seen, the getter post is not round wire but a rectangular "U" shape.

It's one of my favorite tubes and I'd like to get a backup -- but what is it?! Thanks for any help you can offer.

I also own an original pre + Vali 2, and that tube looks identical to the spare tube I bought directly from Schiit at same time I bought the amp. It also looks the same as the original tube the came with the amp (and am still using). Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #3,351 of 3,690
Guys, wondering if anyone has this issue. First, loving the vali 2++ with rca command tube on high gain. Randomly I’ll lose like 50% of sound and eventually I lose all sound. It’s happened 3 times in the last two days but I can’t replicate it every time. I don’t want to send it to Schiit for inspection and they just send it back because they weren’t able to replicate it. I’ve tried different cables, sources, tubes, headphones. Any experience?

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #3,352 of 3,690
Guys, wondering if anyone has this issue. First, loving the vali 2++ with rca command tube on high gain. Randomly I’ll lose like 50% of sound and eventually I lose all sound. It’s happened 3 times in the last two days but I can’t replicate it every time. I don’t want to send it to Schiit for inspection and they just send it back because they weren’t able to replicate it. I’ve tried different cables, sources, tubes, headphones. Any experience?
I've never had that issue. As best as I can recollect, I've not seen this mentioned anywhere in this thread. Have you tried changing the tube?

Leo

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #3,353 of 3,690
I've never had that issue. As best as I can recollect, I've not seen this mentioned anywhere in this thread. Have you tried changing the tube?

Leo
Yep. When I bought the rca, I bought a matched pair because I couldn’t find a single. I guess if it happens again I’ll just send it to Schiit to double check it.

Feb 11, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #3,354 of 3,690
When you say "lose 50% of the sound" do you mean volume or lose one channel?
It happen on both low and high gain?

Feb 11, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #3,356 of 3,690
Volume. Doesn’t seem to be one channel or the other. Yes, both high and low. Very strange. Maybe it was a fluke.
Might be something like a cold solder joint, I'd get in touch with Schiit and see what troubleshooting they can offer before you ship it back

Feb 11, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #3,357 of 3,690
Yep. When I bought the rca, I bought a matched pair because I couldn’t find a single. I guess if it happens again I’ll just send it to Schiit to double check it.
Yes! They are very good about repairs. Don't delay. But since you have 2 tubes, switch them out and see if it occurs again (if you haven't tried that already). Although, Schiit is great with returns/repairs, it's still a pain in the butt, and you aren't able to use the equipment during the return cycle.

Good luck!

Leo

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #3,358 of 3,690
Very odd. I've never heard of symptoms like this before....in any component. Does the tube stay fully lit up when it goes to 50% (or to 0%)?

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #3,360 of 3,690
The tube looks to be consistent
Well that rules out a sagging or intermittent filament supply. Sucks to have a problem, but at least Schiit is very responsive when a problem occurs. I have (or have had) over a dozen pieces of Schiit, and have only had a problem with one. Sent it to them, and they fixed it and had it on the way back 3 days after receiving it. Nice to have that kind of customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back