Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 23, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #751 of 3,690

No Hum on the M4U1 even in high gain mode? Very promising. Is that with the stock tube? If not, what do you have in there?

How do the M4U1 sound with the vali 2, is it a good paring?

Yup Stock tube, However I have been monitoring the praises of the Electro Harmonix 6922EH so that May change very soon. Yes there is a Faint hiss if you turn the volume up with no music playing but I do not know an amp that does not do that, But No hum. Just about Every time I run into a Hum issue it was not the amp, crap power or interference was the cause.

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #753 of 3,690
Wow, reading in this thread really makes me want to buy a Vali 2. It would be my first tube amp as well. Tempting

I'm running a Modi 2 Uber with a cayin c5 portable amp and either HD598, X2 or K7XX as my headphones.

I really do wonder how different they will sound with the vali 2..

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #754 of 3,690
Hi,

I'm very interested in the Vali 2 + Modi 2 Uber. I have a few questions before ordering. What's in the boxes? Only the devices? Then I need 2 short RCA cables + 1 USB cable. Is that correct?

I guess there's a tube included with the Vali 2. Do you recommend to get a better tube?

And last question (even if I've already made research) : Are those two doing well with a Sennheiser HD600/650?

Thanks!

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #755 of 3,690
  Hi,

I'm very interested in the Vali 2 + Modi 2 Uber. I have a few questions before ordering. What's in the boxes? Only the devices? Then I need 2 short RCA cables + 1 USB cable. Is that correct?

I guess there's a tube included with the Vali 2. Do you recommend to get a better tube?

And last question (even if I've already made research) : Are those two doing well with a Sennheiser HD600/650?

Thanks!

there is a tube with the Vali 2 - stock tube sounds pretty good to me  - but i think people get the tube amp to experiment with other tubes i.e. tube rolling --  i have 3 tubes coming - this is my first hybrid/tube amp.  i guess that's the fun of it.. is the tube rolling and what kind of sound you might get with different tubes.

in the box for the Vali 2 is a tube and wall wart  and of course the vali 2 and manual - no cables -

Modi 2 uber is just the Modi 2 with a wall wart and manual no cables

i don't own those headphones so i can't give u that answer - hope this helps

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #757 of 3,690
The HD600 sounds terrific with the Vali 2. I had been thinking for a while to get an HD650, since I'm kind of sensitive to treble and the 650 is smoother. The Vali 2 made me change my mind. Very happy with the sound I'm getting now.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #758 of 3,690
Wow, reading in this thread really makes me want to buy a Vali 2. It would be my first tube amp as well. Tempting

I'm running a Modi 2 Uber with a cayin c5 portable amp and either HD598, X2 or K7XX as my headphones.

For the $170 it's a no brainer. This thing is unreal.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #759 of 3,690

I owned the original Vali and I have to say given the 2's features and sound I dumped it immediately. No contest between the two imho.

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #761 of 3,690

I'm in the exact same boat. I've never had a tube amp, and it'll be a couple weeks before I can pull the trigger on the vali 2, but I've already got my eye on two tubes to immediately try with it. the Electro Harmonix 6922EH and the Matsu****a/National PCC88/7DJ8... 

I had forgotten how bad this place was for my wallet.

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #762 of 3,690
I'm in the exact same boat. I've never had a tube amp, and it'll be a couple weeks before I can pull the trigger on the vali 2, but I've already got my eye on two tubes to immediately try with it. the Electro Harmonix 6922EH and the Matsu****a/National PCC88/7DJ8... 

I had forgotten how bad this place was for my wallet.

Just got the Vali 2 last week and it's my first "tube" amp and I gotta say it's fabulous. Really an excellent amp for the money. Couldn't be happier!

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #765 of 3,690
I have the Vali2/Modi2 Uber combo and have tried both the Electro Harmonix 6922EH and the Matsu****a/National PCC88/7DJ8. also a Philips JAN 6922 / 6DJ8 not to mention the stock tube. Currently going with the National but honestly I like them all just like the National a little bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back