Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 25, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #783 of 3,702
Yes yes... My bad... I see what I did there.

Once I get my Magni 2 back from schiit (again. This time it was damaged when they shipped it back to me) I'll be able to compare the two of them and let you know. It's not an Uber but the sound signature should be the same.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #784 of 3,702
Once I get my Magni 2 back from schiit (again. This time it was damaged when they shipped it back to me) I'll be able to compare the two of them and let you know. It's not an Uber but the sound signature should be the same.

I have a Vali 2 and magni 2 uber coming in the mail (part of a deal) just trying to figure out if I should keep both. I'm not opposed to keeping both with a sys... But that becomes a mess of cables along with the Modi 2 uber and I like my little space "neat". Guess I'll just have to figure it out later this week when it arrives.

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #785 of 3,702
I have the Vali 2 and the Magni 2 Uber. The Magni 2 U is a Solid State amp that is very neutral a very clean sound. There is a little warmth as expected with a tube amp . The Thing is tubes can change the sound of the amp so keep that in mind. I have not tried to drive high Impedance headphones so no input there. I would not say one is better than the other it depends on your preference. If you Like Clean and Analytical Go with the Magni 2 U. If you like a little tube warmth well the Vali 2. 

A note on the Magni 2 and the Magni 2 Uber. The Uber is more powerful and has a different/upgraded gain stage so I would expect there to be some difference in the way they sound.

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #786 of 3,702
I'm finding a lot of Success with inexpensive Octals, in particular the GE 6SN7 GTA, I'm liking it the most so far, even more than my Telefunken 

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #792 of 3,702
The Vali2 is my first tube (hybrid) amp. I also have a Magni 2U. I wasn't sure how I expected a tube amp to sound but I do really like and prefer the Vali's warm sound signature and I'm quite pleased that there is a good level of clarity and detail too. Really in my opinion I find that both of these amps sound more similar than different. Both amps sound very good, especially paired with decent DACS. In that regard the Bifrost 4490 is for sure helping with Vali sound at my bed side setup but the Magni 2U and Modi sound just as satisfying on my iMac.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #793 of 3,702
Thanks.
Would this amp be a good match for beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250Ohms?

The Vali 2 pairs very well with my Beyerdynamic T90 250Ohms as well. Being a headphone designed for studio / monitoring use, I'd expect the DT770 to have a very neutral, uncolored sound signature? If so, you'll have a lot of fun with the tube rolling, enjoying different sound characteristics out of different tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back