Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #556 of 3,690
My Vali 2 came in the mail today! Super fast shipping from Schiit! I've been listening for about an hour now, and WOW this thing sounds insanely good. The stock tube is still in it right now, going to give that a day or two then try the Electro Harmonix 6cg7.

Listening with my hd 598s this thing sounds insane for every music genre I've thrown at it, from death metal to classic prog to electronic to pop.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #557 of 3,690
Hmmm... I just want to hear music, not equipment.   If the Vali 2 does this while allowing me to satisfyingly listen to the music of the past with high hopes for songs yet to come, then it's worthy of not just my money, but my time.

The Toad

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #558 of 3,690
Hmmm... I just want to hear music, not equipment.   If the Vali 2 does this while allowing me to satisfyingly listen to the music of the past with high hopes for songs yet to come, then it's worthy of not just my money, but my time.

The Toad

If your ears are anything like mine then I think you will enjoy many years of music listening pleasure with this awesome little amp.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #559 of 3,690

Yep. I turn My Vali 2 ad valhalla on and let it warm up for 5 - 10 minutes before I use it. I run My vali for 8- 10 hours a day a work then turn it off when I go home.

Yeah I was imagining something like this. Though in my case, it's probably closer to 12 hours, living in Asia and everything. Can Vali 2 take the LISST tube?
Read Schiit website, and on LISST product page, vali 2 is not listed, so I take it Vali 2 can't take LISST?

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #560 of 3,690
Hey all,

I left a long and hopefully comprehensive video review after a month owning this amplifier, it's 40 minutes long and the Vali 2 content starts about 15 minutes in. I talk a bit about another tube amp and compare the two, then review and teardown everything as well as some general commentary. Really loving this amplifier.

I didn't go into any hard technicalities like oscilloscope data, but I can in the future if there's interest.

If anyone wants to check out the video, I encourage you to do so
smily_headphones1.gif

Any feedback is appreciated as well -

A 43 minute video, you're kidding me, right?

TL; DR:  No thanks.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #561 of 3,690
Hey all,

I left a long and hopefully comprehensive video review after a month owning this amplifier, it's 40 minutes long and the Vali 2 content starts about 15 minutes in. I talk a bit about another tube amp and compare the two, then review and teardown everything as well as some general commentary. Really loving this amplifier.

I didn't go into any hard technicalities like oscilloscope data, but I can in the future if there's interest.

If anyone wants to check out the video, I encourage you to do so :)

[VIDEO]https://youtube.com/watch?v=MiHqH_2XGwc[/VIDEO]

Cheers for the video mate, very informative with a great break down. Keep up the good work.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #562 of 3,690
Hey all,

smily_headphones1.gif

Great video, really adds to the understanding and appreciation of the amp!  Thank you for posting!

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #564 of 3,690
Very well done review. Looking forward to more technical reviews from you.

Quote:
Hey all,

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #565 of 3,690
Quote:
  A 43 minute video, you're kidding me, right?

TL; DR:  No thanks.

Well, apparently you don't like knowledge. Good to know.

Quote:
Hey all,

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the in-depth and informative video, learned a lot from it. Appreciate the effort!

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #566 of 3,690
Nicely done!

I would be interested in seeing you do a similar review of the Project Ember II (on their thread of course).

Hey all,

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #567 of 3,690
Yeah I was imagining something like this. Though in my case, it's probably closer to 12 hours, living in Asia and everything. Can Vali 2 take the LISST tube?
Read Schiit website, and on LISST product page, vali 2 is not listed, so I take it Vali 2 can't take LISST?

Yes, LISST works with the Vali 2 according to the Vali 2 FAQ, although if you don't plan to use actual tubes they just recommend getting the Magni instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back