1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by inseconds99, Dec 11, 2015.
First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last
  1. Joseph021012
    Several good rca for schiit stacks I've heard of includes the schiit pyst cables, monoprice cables, and the intropose rigid cross connect which I use personally.
    The monoprice are a good bargain but I like the intropose because it looks nice. GL :)

2. Slashn77
    Any RCA cable will be just fine. Even if youre a believer in expensive cables which i am not a system at this price will be perfectly fine with an amazon basics cable or monoprice cable. If you want to spend about $20 schiit sells PYST cables and those are what i use for the convience and cleaner look while stacking.

3. NicholasS
    Have you seen this? https://introprose.myshopify.com/products/rca-crossconnect-for-schiit-stack
    I haven't tried it myself yet, but seems a nice solution.

4. Jacobh
    Unless you have a specific problem like the cables being too long to manage or they have a flakey connection, I would just use what you got. Spend the money on music or use it towards another pair of headphones.

5. RickB
    I've been using the Schiit PYST RCA cables for several years and have no complaints.

6. Keno18
    If you carefully read schiit.com's own description of their PYST cables you'll see at the very end that if you don't want to spend $20 on PYST they recommend using Monoprice cables which is what I did.

7. tafens
    If you are stacking them (Vali on top of Modi) then the Schiit RCA cables are great because they are short and of good quality.

8. Mike-WI
    http://www.schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

EDIT:
    Looks like others answered the same

boxster233 likes this.
  9. exdmd
    Mike-WI likes this.
  10. Mike-WI
    I just ordered the PYST 6 inch cables for my sons setup.
    $7.88 in shipping, so a little pricey if not combining with another order.

I have also used these from Amazon
    0.5 Foot – Directional Quad High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair CUSTOM MADE By WORLDS BEST CABLES – using Mogami 2534 wire and Neutrik-Rean NYS Gold RCA Connectors
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=NTAJ72K4ZTT8FZJX8C9Q

It seems hard to find affordable 0.5 foot cables.

11. Jacobh
    I've ordered Kenable cables before and while they are slow to ship to the US, the quality is fine. Just pull off the third cable: https://www.amazon.com/Kenable-Component-Video-Phonos-Phono/dp/B008LBF6SQ

EDIT: Actually, those aren't shielded so probably not a good option. They make a 10 inch shielded RCA cable though.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  12. TinearedOne
    I have Pyst connecting SYS, Vali 2, and Modi Uber. No complaints.

boxster233 likes this.
  13. ScubaMan2017
    Welcome to the forum @boxster233 !
    I'm getting excellent results with a short (~1ft?) RCA cable from Monoprice... or Amazon Basics. The short cables can be GENTLY bent to make it all fit. I even used some Y-splitters to feed my Magni & Vali off the same Loki. As long as the connections are firmly pushed into the RCA sockets, it has crystal clear output.

.........Here are some images........ top-listening-nook-2018October.png wiring-top-half-2018October.png
    ........I took as I assembled my listening nook... to give you some ideas, eh.....
    The Schiit Modi manual I have assures me that the signal between its DAC and the amplifier is strong enough to give optimal results.

boxster233 likes this.
  14. boxster233
    Thanks everyone for great feedback on cables. I’m going to try 6922 tube and see if that reduces noise, then try to reevaluate if I went to invest in cables.

15. Mike-WI
    Installed Pyst cables in my son's Modi -> Vali setup. They look and work great.

The Monoprice seem to stiff.
    I used some no-name super cheap (but not stiff) cables for my other sons Modi -> Magni setup.

First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last