Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #2,311 of 3,690
Does anyone have any good cable recommendations for between the Vali 2 and the Modi? I dug out some old RCA cables that are probably 20 years old. Currently I'm going from Dell Inspiron Laptop via Schiit supplied USB cable to Modi and then old red-white RCA cables to Vali 2. Is there a more optimal cable setup?
Several good rca for schiit stacks I've heard of includes the schiit pyst cables, monoprice cables, and the intropose rigid cross connect which I use personally.
The monoprice are a good bargain but I like the intropose because it looks nice. GL :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #2,312 of 3,690
Does anyone have any good cable recommendations for between the Vali 2 and the Modi? I dug out some old RCA cables that are probably 20 years old. Currently I'm going from Dell Inspiron Laptop via Schiit supplied USB cable to Modi and then old red-white RCA cables to Vali 2. Is there a more optimal cable setup?
Any RCA cable will be just fine. Even if youre a believer in expensive cables which i am not a system at this price will be perfectly fine with an amazon basics cable or monoprice cable. If you want to spend about $20 schiit sells PYST cables and those are what i use for the convience and cleaner look while stacking.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #2,313 of 3,690

Have you seen this? https://introprose.myshopify.com/products/rca-crossconnect-for-schiit-stack
I haven't tried it myself yet, but seems a nice solution.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #2,314 of 3,690

Unless you have a specific problem like the cables being too long to manage or they have a flakey connection, I would just use what you got. Spend the money on music or use it towards another pair of headphones.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #2,315 of 3,690

I've been using the Schiit PYST RCA cables for several years and have no complaints.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #2,316 of 3,690
If you carefully read schiit.com's own description of their PYST cables you'll see at the very end that if you don't want to spend $20 on PYST they recommend using Monoprice cables which is what I did.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #2,317 of 3,690

If you are stacking them (Vali on top of Modi) then the Schiit RCA cables are great because they are short and of good quality.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #2,318 of 3,690
http://www.schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

EDIT:
Looks like others answered the same

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,320 of 3,690
Don't forget Blue Jeans Cables top quality great value. They also ship fast.
I just ordered the PYST 6 inch cables for my sons setup.
$7.88 in shipping, so a little pricey if not combining with another order.

I have also used these from Amazon
0.5 Foot – Directional Quad High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair CUSTOM MADE By WORLDS BEST CABLES – using Mogami 2534 wire and Neutrik-Rean NYS Gold RCA Connectors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=NTAJ72K4ZTT8FZJX8C9Q

It seems hard to find affordable 0.5 foot cables.

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2,321 of 3,690
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #2,323 of 3,690
Welcome to the forum @boxster233 !
I'm getting excellent results with a short (~1ft?) RCA cable from Monoprice... or Amazon Basics. The short cables can be GENTLY bent to make it all fit. I even used some Y-splitters to feed my Magni & Vali off the same Loki. As long as the connections are firmly pushed into the RCA sockets, it has crystal clear output.

.........Here are some images........ top-listening-nook-2018October.png wiring-top-half-2018October.png
........I took as I assembled my listening nook... to give you some ideas, eh.....
The Schiit Modi manual I have assures me that the signal between its DAC and the amplifier is strong enough to give optimal results.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,325 of 3,690
I just ordered the PYST 6 inch cables for my sons setup.
$7.88 in shipping, so a little pricey if not combining with another order.

I have also used these from Amazon
0.5 Foot – Directional Quad High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair CUSTOM MADE By WORLDS BEST CABLES – using Mogami 2534 wire and Neutrik-Rean NYS Gold RCA Connectors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=NTAJ72K4ZTT8FZJX8C9Q

It seems hard to find affordable 0.5 foot cables.
Installed Pyst cables in my son's Modi -> Vali setup. They look and work great.

The Monoprice seem to stiff.
I used some no-name super cheap (but not stiff) cables for my other sons Modi -> Magni setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back