*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,456 of 2,577
It's also new years (and christmas) vacation time so it's just bad timing too.  
I've used the xonar essence STX before, and I'd say the schiit stack is an improvement over that.  You only need ultra on the magni if you want preamp functions (meaning line outs).  I think there are other upgrades but that's the main difference.  The ultras do have a nicer finish too.  Look it up on their website.  Or you could just consider consolidating your hp collection and sell them to get a better headphone.  

Actually, Magni 2 Uber has more power too. Only need the Modi 2 Uber if you need the extra inputs.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,457 of 2,577
Actually, Magni 2 Uber has more power too. Only need the Modi 2 Uber if you need the extra inputs.

Ah ok.  I never even thought about that because I use them for IEMs and it's overkill already.  Simply put the magni's rock!  

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #1,459 of 2,577
The Modi 2 Uber is mains instead of USB-bus powered so there's less that can go wrong with the uber.

Ah! That in itself may make it worthwhile.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,460 of 2,577
The Uber is not just Extra Inputs it has a better Analog section Which IMO brings it closer to the Original Bi frost.The Use of the power supply to power it helps bring the noise floor down if you have crappy USB ports as stated.  Unless you cannot install drivers there is no reason to go with a regular Modi 2 unless you are a strict budget,. When I got the Modi 2 Uber the Regular Modi Became a Gift and The I bought another one for work. The Non Uber Modi is not bad but the Uber version is a better sounding dac. It is absolutely worth the Extra $49

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,463 of 2,577
My magni 2 is in the mail. First amp I've ever bought for pc use. In kind of excited to see how it sounds through my xonar dx.
I had the exact same setup and it sounded really good. The Magni 2 made a huge difference over the xonar dx built in output. 6 months after I got the Magni 2 I bought the Modi 2 Uber, now I only use the dx for toslink out to the Modi.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,464 of 2,577
I had the exact same setup and it sounded really good. The Magni 2 made a huge difference over the xonar dx built in output. 6 months after I got the Magni 2 I bought the Modi 2 Uber, now I only use the dx for toslink out to the Modi.

Good to know thanks. I picked up a hyperx cloud for gaming and just bought an akg m220 from a member here. I was previously using a roccat kave which has separate drivers for 5.1 but since the dx doesn't have a great amp I bought the magni 2. Good to know it's a good combo.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,465 of 2,577
Magni 2 is repaired and on its way back to me! So excited! Also ordered a Vali 2 this morning and it shipped by the afternoon so I will be in Schiit amp heaven by early next week!

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,466 of 2,577
Got my magni 2 on Friday. I have yet to test it through my xonar dx as I'm in the process of putting my new build together. Have ran it though my laptop though and though in awaiting my akg m220 and audio technica ath m30x in the mail, it makes my hyperx cloud sound so much better than just running off any integrated audio. Way louder, crisper, and the base hits harder.

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #1,467 of 2,577
Hey everyone! Have someone paired Beyer T90 with Magni 2 U (or maybe Vali 2)? What do you think? I'am looking for something to power my T90, of course everyone says go for the Crack, but it is bit to pricey while i get it to Europe :frowning2: So looking at something in Magni 2 U/Vali 2 price range ~200 EUR with shipping.

Thanks for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back