*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Jan 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 2,577
  Time ago I checked rating, because I bought stuff in China, it is a long time ago, so I don't know rates these days.

Also, I doublechecked some of the other importers. The only one who looks possibly more attractive (many are actually more expensive) is the UK one, which offers the magni 2 for the equivalent of 110 euros instead of 120. But you still need to have it shipped. And your warranty contact will be in the UK then.

Looking at it now, I'm glad I have an acceptably priced (in my opinion) distributor in my country. Makes warranty handling much easier.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 2,577
I just ordered my Uber stack. This will be my first amp/dac. I'm really excited!
atsmile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #18 of 2,577
  is magni 2 uber good with HD650 ? how much is its improvement to magni 2?

According to specs the Magni 2 Uber is up there with the Asgard 2.

Improvements from Magni 2:

Aluminum top plate (looks so much better)
Pre Amp Output
5 Watt vs 4 Watt.

I think its worth the extra $50. And I was considering the Asgard 2 before but now I'm going with the Magni 2 Uber for these reasons; It now has the preamp out which I needed, it has extra power just in case I ever need it, and it's not going to run as hot as the Asgard 2 because its a class AB amp instead of a class A amp. And now I can save $100. Totally worth it especially if you have or plan on getting some active speakers for your computer. The Sys cost $50 and if you got the Magni 2 with the Sys you would be paying the same as the Magni 2 Uber cost. Then you would take up more room/wires and not get the nice aluminum finish that the Magni 2 Uber has.

IMO the Magni 2 Uber is the best $150 retail priced headphone amp out there. This Thursday I'll be ordering the Magni and Modi 2 Ubers along with the Swan D-1080 IV active speakers. Maybe I'll do a youtube review for each one.

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #19 of 2,577
  is magni 2 uber good with HD650 ? how much is its improvement to magni 2?

I have owned the Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 Uber for about 4 days. They have been paired with an HD 650 and I can tell you they are absolutely fantastic. I previously had a FiiO E9+E17 combo and while the clarity was solid with that setup I never felt the support throughout the midrange. Also, the soundstage was on the poor side. All those problems have been solved with Magni 2U/Modi 2U combo. I can't see these headphones really sounding much better, This setup seems kind of like endgame for the HD 650 for me. My next upgrade will likely be an HD 800 down the road.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #20 of 2,577
I am a believer now! I got my Magni 2 Uber delivered on Saturday, and was absolutely blown away by it. Connected to my Shure SRH-940 headphones, I listened to a selection of songs from Neko Case, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Simon & Garfunkel, Bowie, and the Rolling Stones. These are songs I've listened to hundreds or thousands of times over the years - I'm pretty well acquainted with the recordings. With the Magni, there was another level of presence to the recordings, and I even heard some echoes deep in the mix I had never heard before on Neko Case's "Star Witness".

It's unreal to me how good the music can sound, which makes me a little angry about how most people experience their music - desaturated and unbalanced. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #21 of 2,577
  I am a believer now! I got my Magni 2 Uber delivered on Saturday, and was absolutely blown away by it. Connected to my Shure SRH-940 headphones, I listened to a selection of songs from Neko Case, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Simon & Garfunkel, Bowie, and the Rolling Stones. These are songs I've listened to hundreds or thousands of times over the years - I'm pretty well acquainted with the recordings. With the Magni, there was another level of presence to the recordings, and I even heard some echoes deep in the mix I had never heard before on Neko Case's "Star Witness".

It's unreal to me how good the music can sound, which makes me a little angry about how most people experience their music - desaturated and unbalanced. 

what sources were your Floyd and Garfunkel from?

I'm almost settled on the Uber stack. So far the few people who have received theirs are very impressed with it.
It'll be my first amp/dac, for new HD650s. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #22 of 2,577
yeah im totally blown away by the uber stack. I cant believe ive been listening to music my whole life without an amp and dac. I just got my stack today and ive been going through all of my music and its like listening to a song for the first time because im discovering parts of the song ive never heard. pics rubbing against guitar strings, the singers breath, echos, cymbals sparkle. i mean its magical. im so glad i purchased the stack. Now i just have to upgrade my cans.

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 2,577
I want to buy a dac and amp for my HD 600 and HD 800. Im torn between M-stage Matrix HPA-2 (USB) and Modi 2/Magni 2 UBER. These two options cost the same delivered to Sweden. Anybody know which one i should buy?

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 2,577

All the songs are ALAC encoded files going from my Mac via USB to a Bifrost DAC. I still can't believe the difference. I've always bought easy-to-drive headphones because I never wanted to mess around with headphone amps, but the Magni 2 Uber is worth every penny.

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #29 of 2,577
So if I want to have both my headphones and monitors running through the amp that will require Magni 2 Uber, correct?  

I currently have an HE 400i (on the way actually).  My only amp/dac at the moment is Apogee One so I would like to upgrade if needed.  Considering Magni + One, or Magni + Modi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back