*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Aug 5, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #961 of 2,577
if i read a food review from someone who had a bite years ago and never actually been to the restaurant i would call that reviewer an idiot. See how silly what you posted that sounds?

Yeah, audio is full of silliness. Take yourself seriously, like Schiit.
BTW, memories for food are extremely accurate and long-lasting.
The restaurant? Really? Who remembers the restaurant? It's the food.

Also, since when was I a "reviewer" on this thread? If you can't grasp sarcasm, maybe you need a re-boot.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #962 of 2,577
I'm currently using modi 2 uber connect to my bm compact mkiii active speakers. Sound is pretty good. However, I wonder how much the difference are between modi 2 uber version VS Bifrost gen 2 usb uber version. They both have new USB input and uber analog section (Im sure they are not the same in two devices) There is a 400 dollar price difference. Does the upgrade worth the price??

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #963 of 2,577
I have a Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 with plusSound Tri-Metal RCA cables which is made by me and I've ordered a HE-400S last day.
I don't know if anyone asked about this, but is there any mods for Modi 2 Uber or Magni 2?
I don't know... Driver.. Anything else? Things I should know about?

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #965 of 2,577
  I bought a magnet uber to pre amp to plug into my modi2 uber and plug into my vali as a warm pre amp.
We will see how it does.
I am sure in theory it will work fine that way.

I'm sure you meant magni not magnet. You will have to explain the rest better. Unless I got it wrong, I don't see how a magni 2 uber is going to be a warm preamp to a Vali.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #966 of 2,577
Hi all!
Just recently joined the forum and recently bought the Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber stack with HD600. Currently the stack is connected to my laptop via usb.

Quick question. How do i connect my pair of speakers to the stack? Would be nice if you guys posted photos of how yours are setup in terms of the cables and ports
Thanks!

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #967 of 2,577
Hi all!
Just recently joined the forum and recently bought the Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber stack with HD600. Currently the stack is connected to my laptop via usb.

Quick question. How do i connect my pair of speakers to the stack? Would be nice if you guys posted photos of how yours are setup in terms of the cables and ports
Thanks!

The Magni does not have enough power to drive regular speakers, unless they are small useless toys. You will have to use either powered speakers or a separate power amp connected to the preamp outs on the back of the Magni.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #969 of 2,577
Hi all!

Thanks!

The Magni does not have enough power to drive regular speakers, unless they are small useless toys. You will have to use either powered speakers or a separate power amp connected to the preamp outs on the back of the Magni.

I'm using the Yamaha HS5 which is a powered studio monitor. Do i still need a separate powered amp? What would you recommend?

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #970 of 2,577
  I bought a magnet uber to pre amp to plug into my modi2 uber and plug into my vali as a warm pre amp.
We will see how it does.
I am sure in theory it will work fine that way.

I've tried a similar experiment using Modi 2 Über - Magni 2 Über as a preamp - Bravo V2. Expected to warm up the sound a bit, but it didn't work well for me. Probably due to an impedance mismatch. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #971 of 2,577
Can anybody comment on how the Magni2 Über pairs with AKG7XX headphones? I expect it to be able to drive them, because it has no problems with the 612pro (at least on high gain setting)

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #972 of 2,577
Can anybody comment on how the Magni2 Über pairs with AKG7XX headphones? I expect it to be able to drive them, because it has no problems with the 612pro (at least on high gain setting)

Magni 2 uber has plenty of power to drive your k7xx. It is a rather neutral sounding amp so it shouldn't color the sound very much.

Some people have also said it pairs well with a tube amp as well, so you may want to check out the schiit vali too.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #973 of 2,577
Magni 2 uber has plenty of power to drive your k7xx. It is a rather neutral sounding amp so it shouldn't color the sound very much.

Some people have also said it pairs well with a tube amp as well, so you may want to check out the schiit vali too.

Thanks.
I'll check out vali or even lyr2 when the money printing machine is back in service. :wink:

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #974 of 2,577

I'm using the Yamaha HS5 which is a powered studio monitor. Do i still need a separate powered amp? What would you recommend?

No, you can use the pre-outs of the Magni Uber.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #975 of 2,577
I've searched this thread and there are some conflicting responses re: the HE6 headphones and whether or not the Magni 2/Modi 2 can drive them effectively. Does anyone here use that combo specifically? Will it work?

I assume the HE-500s would be fine with this combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back