*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
May 25, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #721 of 2,577
I use the modi 1 and magni 2 uber with my Fidelio X1 and they pair really well. I still eq the bass a little because the X1 are extremely bass heavy so I think the magni will work perfecfly with the x2. The magni are very transparent yes (some call it bright because they dont add warmth) and do not distort the sound in any way. Personally I think the magni goes very well with darker headphones.

That sounds perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for the response. It really does seem like every other amp+dac combo I've tried either adds warmth or has killed highs, I figured that the Schitt stack is what would fit the bill for me and the headphones I own.

May 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #722 of 2,577
There are a number of player apps for iOS that have extensive EQ. I guess Spotify isn't one of them.

Any you could recommend?

May 25, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #723 of 2,577
Any you could recommend?

For iOS, just a few:
Onkyo HF Player - has a free version, easy to use EQ. Draw the EQ on screen, 11 bands. Paid version does hirez formats.
Neutron Music Player - paid - Parametric EQ
SmartEQ - paid - 10 band EQ

May 26, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #725 of 2,577
For iOS, just a few:
Onkyo HF Player - has a free version, easy to use EQ. Draw the EQ on screen, 11 bands. Paid version does hirez formats.
Neutron Music Player - paid - Parametric EQ
SmartEQ - paid - 10 band EQ

Thanks, I'll check them out :)

May 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #726 of 2,577
Thanks, I'll check them out
smily_headphones1.gif

Try Onkyo HF Player free first. No investment required.

May 26, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #727 of 2,577
Try Onkyo HF Player free first. No investment required.

Looks like a good start. SmartEQ seems to be free as well now, but has an in-app purchase to remove ads.

May 28, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #728 of 2,577

Here they are, at my girlies, plugged into the TV, as its the only thing that has an optical. Grabbed what ever CD I could find

Wow, first true headphone amp and DAC I've ever used. I have no clue what band this is, but I done care
wink.gif

What kind of headphones are those? Is that some sort of aftermarket headband pad attached to it or is it part of the unit? I've been looking for something like that, not sure if that's part of the gear or you bought separately.

May 28, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #730 of 2,577
  What kind of headphones are those? Is that some sort of aftermarket headband pad attached to it or is it part of the unit? I've been looking for something like that, not sure if that's part of the gear or you bought separately.

Looks like a T50RP, extra head padding, and different ear pads.

May 28, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #731 of 2,577
Modi 2 U just arrived. I'm getting used to it yet. I don't have an USB cable =T 
I'm using macbookpro's optical out. I can hear the separation a little better (more air? maybe). 
---- forget what I said. I just changed in MIDI Controls the sampling rate to 192khz/24bit. Gosh, there's more detail and air!!! 

I'm happy so far =) 

Although I want to check out the difference through USB and Toslink

May 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #732 of 2,577
I just received a pair of of the uber models, and while it sounds great through my mac mini, I'm getting bothered by the fact that the finish of the cases don't match. Anyone else have that? I know can be a little obsessive compulsive, but it's getting to me, probably as much if not more than the fact that the original versions were painted/powder coated :\

May 28, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #734 of 2,577
  I just received a pair of of the uber models, and while it sounds great through my mac mini, I'm getting bothered by the fact that the finish of the cases don't match. Anyone else have that? I know can be a little obsessive compulsive, but it's getting to me, probably as much if not more than the fact that the original versions were painted/powder coated :\

Yes! Modi is slightly larger than magni2.

I'm really loving the sound. Reverb effects and ambience is better. This is awesome! 

May 28, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #735 of 2,577
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting the sizes are different. If they are, it seems negligible to me. My Magni though does have a more yellowed tint to it than my modi which seems noticeably more neutral. The brushed finish is visibly and physically smoother on the Modi than it is on the Magni as well. Does anyone know if this was as apparent with the Asgard and Bifrost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back