Official plans for firmware updates for the X3 after version 2.10 and 3.0!
May 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #76 of 110
If anything gets fixed it needs to be the very random stopping after a song and the buttons are all dead.

Most annoying...

I use the X3 in the car via the Line Out. I reset it a few times at first, then found out all I have to do is pull the audio cable out and put it back in and everything takes of again by itself. I have had this happen with headphones as well.

Get it fixed guys, or supply us with replacement jacks when these ones wear out...

May 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #77 of 110
If anything gets fixed it needs to be the very random stopping after a song and the buttons are all dead.

Most annoying...

I use the X3 in the car via the Line Out. I reset it a few times at first, then found out all I have to do is pull the audio cable out and put it back in and everything takes of again by itself. I have had this happen with headphones as well.

Get it fixed guys, or supply us with replacement jacks when these ones wear out...

Which firmware or firmwares?

May 8, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #78 of 110
The 2.14b, Mr Trev's version but it did the same with the FiiO 2.14b. I never encountered the problem at all with 2.1.

May 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #80 of 110
Cool. If that gets fixed and a nice finished version of Mr Trev's UI, all will be good by me. :)

May 9, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #81 of 110
The 2.14b firmware has the same Library size limit as the new 2.0FW for the X5. The limit is 5800 tracks. This needs to be increased in order to take full advantage of large amounts of memory that can be install now with the 64 and 128 GB microSD's.........Jim

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #83 of 110
OP edited to reflect improvements made in firmware version 3.0.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 8, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #84 of 110
Can you please consider adding an option in the settings that would allow changing the UI between the standard UI and one tailored specifically for browsing files on the TF card.

I think I can confidently say that I speak for allot of X3 users out there when I say that most of us browse files on the TF card.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #85 of 110
Hi Joe,

I've updated my X3 to the latest firmware 3.0 and have been using it for a week. During that time, I have experienced frequent (several per listening session ~1 hour each) screen freezes or shut-downs with screen dark, always between songs, as the player advances from one song to the next. I have had to use the reset button to restart the player each time to listen again.

Looking through my settings, I've been using gapless playback for the purpose of listening to live albums uninterrupted. Having read here on Head-Fi that gapless playback has been a problem in the past for some owners, I decided to switch gapless playback off to see if it made a difference with the spontaneous freezes/shut-downs. So far, so good. However, I lose that feature by doing so. Can you offer a solution to this problem? With this same X3 player, I had never experienced this problem before having used every prior version of the firmware to date. Will this require yet another firmware update to resolve?

I like the FiiO X3 for its sound quality, but I must say it has been quite the journey getting it to function properly and reliably! Thanks to FiiO for sticking with it so faithfully, but much too bad that it has been so necessary to iron out all the nagging problems that have come with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, or anyone else who is reading this.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #86 of 110
I wonder if there is a way of objectively determining if the sound is truly "different" with 3.0 vs 2.14b or whatever.

Firmwre 3.0 sounds good to me but I only know if something sounds good.  I can't articulate "the air around instruments" or similar things that most audiophiles talk about.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #87 of 110
  I wonder if there is a way of objectively determining if the sound is truly "different" with 3.0 vs 2.14b or whatever.

Firmwre 3.0 sounds good to me but I only know if something sounds good.  I can't articulate "the air around instruments" or similar things that most audiophiles talk about.

You can try Audio DiffMaker http://www.libinst.com/Audio%20DiffMaker.htm

Record a piece of music with 2.14b then the same with 3.0 and make a diff file and listen to it.

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #88 of 110
You can try Audio DiffMaker http://www.libinst.com/Audio%20DiffMaker.htm

Record a piece of music with 2.14b then the same with 3.0 and make a diff file and listen to it.

Thanks for pointing out this software. It looks fun!

Recording from LO seems pretty straightforward, as you don't need to worry about adjusting volume. How about recording from HO? Do you need to worry about volume matching if you're looking for overall change in SQ?

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #89 of 110
Thanks for pointing out this software. It looks fun!

Recording from LO seems pretty straightforward, as you don't need to worry about adjusting volume. How about recording from HO? Do you need to worry about volume matching if you're looking for overall change in SQ?

I think, you need match volumes for the HO.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #90 of 110
Flashed v3.0 yesterday and used the X3 for about an hour today in total, all was well. No freezes or reboots!

Loving the UI at the moment. Wish there was more themes like the black and orange one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back