Official plans for firmware updates for the X3 after version 2.10 and 3.0!
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Dear FiiO X3 Users,

Since the X3 was released, it has shown great compatibility with most lossless and lossy music formats in the market, including support for 192k/24bit master tape quality music; coupled with its high-fidelity sound and small size, the X3 has earned high regard and support amongst consumers.

At the same time, based on feedback from users regarding bugs and suggestions for improvements, we have continually upgraded the X3 firmware, adding functions such as 192k/24bit asynchronous USB audio decoding and optimizing other functions since firmware version 1.31.

The current version of X3 firmware (3.0) is basically stable.  However, to let users receive the best product, we will continue to improve and upgrade the X3 firmware.  To let everyone better understand the work we are doing, we announce our plans for future updates to the X3 firmware as follows:

Note: The following pertains mainly to update plans after firmware version 3.0.

A. Improvements made since version 2.10:
1. Improved the speed of media library updates and reduced the likelihood of hang-ups during updates.
2. Splitting single music files into tracks at correct times according to cue files (currently the track timings may be wrong for some music file formats)
3. Added support for DSD.
4. Adding support for displaying album cover and lyrics simultaneously.
5. Improvement to UI & text display and correcting mistakes in word font in the UI.
6. Adding support for cue files of mp3 albums.
7. Extending the support for sample rates (but audio quality not guaranteed for some low sample rates).
8. Correct bug where the first second of a song is sometimes skipped.
9. Support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums by a selected artist)
10. Reading album and genre information for cue files.
11. Hold button to switch off the screen immediately when engaged and switch on the screen immediately when disengaged.
12. Fix the bug in the playback of OGG files where noise can be heard in the left channel for tracks with high dynamic range.
13. Improve support for various tag information of OGG files, e.g. title, artist, genre, embedded cover art.
14. Correct issue where the X3’s screen remains on indefinitely when charging (while powered off)
15. Adding display of total number of songs and number of songs on internal storage and TF card under System Settings->Info / Storage.
16. Adding support for larger size and higher resolution cover image.

B.      Long term improvements
1. Improving battery life of the X3.  For example, the play time per full charge was extended for about 40 minutes under firmware 1.31.
2. Correcting compatibility problems with certain music files.
3. Further reducing the likelihood of hang-ups during media library updates.

C.      Bugs to be corrected and features to be added within the next two firmware revisions
1. Support for more external album cover files.

D.      Added to the firmware updating plan, but requiring longer development time—no firm schedule
1. Adding support for m3u playlists.
2. Path memory function for Now Playing screen.
3. Further support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums in a selected genre; additional "Play all" option for a selected artist)

E.      Not yet planned for updating, awaiting further evaluation
1. Certain Windows XP computers not detecting TF card insertion and removal correctly on the X3 after the X3 is connected to the computer.
2. Resume modes not remembering the song last played after the X3 was turned off and on repeatedly.
3. Skipping to the next folder after completing playback of the current folder.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 110
Very nice indeed, thank you!

Just one questions:
I don't understand which of these changes that addresses the problem with mp3 decoding, please say it's one of them :wink:

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 110
Very nice indeed, thank you!

Jus one questions:
I don't understand which of these changes that addresses the problem with mp3 decoding, please say it's one of them
wink.gif

+1
And the issue with gapless playback freezing the player. 
These 2 bugs were the ones which got most votes for bug resolution in Bugzilla, but neither of them are listed above in any of the 4 groups.

Nevertheless, I'like to thank FiiO for the effort in fixing all the other bugs, introducing new features to the player and keep us updated on these developments.
Well done guys
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 110
  +1
These 2 bugs were the ones which got most votes for bug resolution in Bugzilla, but neither of them are listed above in any of the 4 groups.

Nevertheless, I'like to thank FiiO for the effort in fixing all the other bugs, introducing new features to the player and keep us updated on these developments.
Well done guys
beerchug.gif

+1

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 110
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up on this :D

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 110
Thank you for keeping up on improving and supporting the X3 while working on newer hardware. It is deeply appreciated!

:)

Edit:

3. Skipping to the next folder after completing playback of the current folder.

Please make this optional when you implement it. I sometimes count on it stopping when it finished the current folder (like when you hear music in bed and fall asleep).

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #8 of 110
  Please make this optional when you implement it. I sometimes count on it stopping when it finished the current folder (like when you hear music in bed and fall asleep).

+1

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #12 of 110
The only thing that is important in section C is number 4 and that should be moved to section B.

Do you really think we need DSD support?

I would just like to be able to step back and forth through the file path without ending up at the main menu...

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #13 of 110
The only thing that is important in section C is number 4 and that should be moved to section B.

Do you really think we need DSD support?

I would just like to be able to step back and forth through the file path without ending up at the main menu...

Haven't you heard all the little birds chirpring in the threads saying that lack of DSD support was the worst thing to happen to humanity since the Black Plague or that it was an absolutely 100% need for DSD support and that lack of it was 1000% unforgiveable?

Apply this sentiment to every item on the list for different people. And then let FiiO prioritize it depending on which sentiments have more people that want it and we get the makeup of the list.

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #14 of 110
  +1

Well done guys
beerchug.gif

+1
Yes, same questions from me

frequently freezes if i active gapless mode is very frustrating:
i need gapless mode, but until now i don't active it beacuse fear of freeze

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #15 of 110
8. Support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums by a selected artist)

This is all I want. oh and

Users who are viewing this thread

Back