Official Pittsburgh 2017 Meet - July 22nd - Music to My Ear
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #46 of 75
I'm definitely going to have to check this out, I've not had the pleasure of demoing Estats yet.

I was, seems people don't like to post early on, I am one of those who likes to get things squared away.

Anyone have any spare of those stick on nametags so we can identify people?
Well just have to say your going to love that Estat setup I've heard pretty close to that one and it is awesome. I'll have a low rent Estat setup with the ESP-950's and a SRM1MK2 but that setup is way better. Mr Speakers new Estats are also crazy good. As for the name tags in Chicago they just get a roll of white duct tape for the name tags but to tell the truth I don't think I've seen white duct tape but anything like that should be fine.

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #47 of 75
Definitely going to come. Driving up for the day from the DC area. I have a bit more of a budget set up, but it can't hurt to come and check it out!

Headphones:
ATH-m50x (hm5 angled pads)
Phillips-SHP9500
Fostex-t50rp with ZMF's cowhide pads and leather strap

DAC/AMP:
Fiio e10k

Sources:
alot of FLAC through FOOBAR and tidal hifi

I know it's not much, but I figured I'd bring my gear this time around!

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #48 of 75
Well just have to say your going to love that Estat setup I've heard pretty close to that one and it is awesome. I'll have a low rent Estat setup with the ESP-950's and a SRM1MK2 but that setup is way better. Mr Speakers new Estats are also crazy good. As for the name tags in Chicago they just get a roll of white duct tape for the name tags but to tell the truth I don't think I've seen white duct tape but anything like that should be fine.
I love the white duct tape idea.... if we can't class it up by the time of the meet I think we will do that!

I am very much excited to hear the 950's btw.... been wanting to hear them for a long time.

I'm very excited about the meet gang! Ha just throwing it out there

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #49 of 75
Okay, I think I updated and alphabetized everything...

Let me know if I missed some piece of gear someone is bringing!

There will be more to add to this list once I confirm some vendors gear.

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #50 of 75
So as long as I get the gear back, here's what you'll expect from me:

• LCD-X
  • HD650
  • M100
  • UE600
  • Mee P1
  • 1More Quad
  • KZ ZS5

And the amp section:

• Chord Mojo
  • Audeze Deckard
  • Audioquest Dragonfly Red

Jul 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #51 of 75
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if I can I can bring along the following:

Headphones:
  • Audio Technica R70x
  • AKG k7xx
  • Grado PS500 and GH-1

Amps:
  • JDS Labs Element

I'm definitely interested in trying out some tube amps like the Bottlehead Crack since I've heard the R70x and Senn HD6x0 line pair well with them.

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #52 of 75
This is only a couple of hours away for me, too bad the date does not work out for me....I would love to attend something this close.

Maybe next time i can make it work.

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #53 of 75
YO GANG. Got word today that we will be doing some nice deals for the meet. "Deals on what" you ask? Come on, whats the fun in that... :) We will be doing the deals all day long for the meet. So you will find out when you come in!

I want to tell everyone as well that this is a BYOPS meet. (Bring Your Own Power Strip). We obviously have a ton of receptacle's here that you can plug into, but some of the spots just have 2. Soooo IF you want to bring your lap top in then you would be missing one spot to plug into. I just wanted to bring it to every ones attention as a consideration... We will provide strips and cater to this as much as we can as well (obviously).

Hmmm tryin to think if there is anything else.... If there is I will post again ha.

-Craig

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #54 of 75
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if I can I can bring along the following:

Headphones:
  • Audio Technica R70x
  • AKG k7xx
  • Grado PS500 and GH-1

Amps:
  • JDS Labs Element

I'm definitely interested in trying out some tube amps like the Bottlehead Crack since I've heard the R70x and Senn HD6x0 line pair well with them.
I don't think there is a better amp for the 6x0's than the Bottlehead Crack.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #55 of 75
YO GANG. Got word today that we will be doing some nice deals for the meet. "Deals on what" you ask? Come on, whats the fun in that... :) We will be doing the deals all day long for the meet. So you will find out when you come in!

I want to tell everyone as well that this is a BYOPS meet. (Bring Your Own Power Strip). We obviously have a ton of receptacle's here that you can plug into, but some of the spots just have 2. Soooo IF you want to bring your lap top in then you would be missing one spot to plug into. I just wanted to bring it to every ones attention as a consideration... We will provide strips and cater to this as much as we can as well (obviously).

Hmmm tryin to think if there is anything else.... If there is I will post again ha.

-Craig
I always bring a extra power strip and a couple of extension cables with me if anyone is short plus a couple of other cables. No matter how much you plan it always seems you miss something.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #56 of 75
I think I'm gonna bring in the KZ ZS5 and see how many people think it's a Campfire set before they actually pick them up. :beyersmile:

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #60 of 75
Yeahhhhh I don't know why I thought you were Kyle ha. What's really bad is when I saw you post the other day I said Kyle in my head and then said "wait, no- it's Zach, just like ZMF!" Only way I think I'll remember it that way.... ha

I want to say to everyone that a member had asked me "what the parking situation will be like at MTME". This was a very good question. To answer it- we will have plenty of parking on site at the store. I wanted to point this out to anyone coming from out of town (which seems to be a good bit) since they have not been to the store yet. So rest assured you will be fine to park here! We have parking spaces in front and on the side of the building, and there will also be parking right next door to us which is a garage. They are closed on Saturday which means more parking!

Make sure you guys update @Netherwind with the gear you want to bring. This way I can mentally strategize (sounds intense right??) how the space can be better suited in the store. It will ultimately help everyone out.

I also want to say to everyone that @Netherwind has done a fantastic job helping bring this together and communication has been excellent with him. So a personal thank you for that. I forsee this being a very fun meet for everyone because of him.

If you have any questions or concerns about the meet, or MTME in general please feel to PM me. I am here for you.

P.s. Almost forgot- if you guys have any cd's that you like to listen to or use for reference please feel free to bring them in!

-Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back