Official Pittsburgh 2017 Meet - July 22nd - Music to My Ear
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 75
I think it is a go and would really like to meet the Pittsburgh contengent of Head-Fi as I make my rounds from Louisville. I'm a regular in Nashville and have been to Chicago twice as my wifes niece is just south of there and a Canlanta and Dayton and St. Louis as most of the Interstates intersect in Louisville so not a bad drive and the wife and I make it a weekend getaway kind of thing she just rolls her eyes at headphones but she is a good sport. She is already researching hotels. So I'm pretty much a go.
If she is researching hotels it sounds like your in like Flynn! That's cool that you both can make a "trip" out of it. I know what that is like too.

If you guys want any tips for things to do in Pittsburgh (depending on how long you stay) feel free to ask me, I would love to help you enjoy our city.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 75
I will try to attend and bring some stuff.

If you're also into exotic/sports cars, and not from the area, Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee has a meet that morning, 9-12, not too far away (about 15 minutes on the highway). Look up their website and Facebook page.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #18 of 75
IMG_7080.JPG
Good stuff! Glad you think you can make it. I'm excited for this meet!

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #19 of 75
I will try to attend and bring some stuff.

If you're also into exotic/sports cars, and not from the area, Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee has a meet that morning, 9-12, not too far away (about 15 minutes on the highway). Look up their website and Facebook page.

Yay! Hopefully more people start to RSVP as we get closer to the date.

If you let me know what you're bringing I'll add it to the OP.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #20 of 75
Well I have a couple of more additions to my list I just picked up a pair of HD-800's even though there will be a couple of more pairs there I'll bring them anyway. Got them fairly cheap on eBay and always like them. The other pair is vintage AKG K240 Sextetts they are great for loud rock and funk too. Might want to wait till the end of the meet for those though so you can enjoy everything else first as I don't listen to very loud music but these beg for it :L3000:. If anyone is interested I also have a pair of HE-400S's and modded HE-400's I could bring also . Just let me know as there is room in the trunk still but not much .

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #22 of 75
The pair with box was too expensive for me but they will be the best $80 headphones you've heard I'm sure ; )

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 75
Keep forgetting to ask will there be Wifi available? Just received the HD-800's today. I've heard them several times modded and not but the first time I've owned them and have to say after a bit of listening these things are very good. Thru the Kenzie no harshness just goodness. Moving things around so this is not out of the Yggy just using the QP1R as a dac. Got to say this is the best $680 I've spent on headphones ever.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #26 of 75
Yeah there will be wifi available! That's awesome you are enjoying them! I also prefer the HD800 out of a tube amp, or a great solid state that can take a little edge off... I really like the HD800 off the Questyle 600i and the Rogue RH5

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #27 of 75
Heard a modded pair out of a dual CMA800 setup and that was pretty sweet also.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 75
Not gonna be able to make it, I'm just so close to getting caught up and have so many other things going on. It's a bummer bc this is such a great event!!!! I'm, definitely going to send a couple headphones in and possibly more!!!! Will update more as I figure out what I'm going to send.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 4, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #29 of 75
Not gonna be able to make it, I'm just so close to getting caught up and have so many other things going on. It's a bummer bc this is such a great event!!!! I'm, definitely going to send a couple headphones in and possibly more!!!! Will update more as I figure out what I'm going to send.
That's incredibly nice of you!! I know you must be busy, and I appreciate you hittin up the page. I will make sure at least an Ori will be at the meet! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back