Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #316 of 405

Quote:
i've been in touch with some mots trying to russle up some gear and have had some success. this will make some of you rather happy 
biggrin.gif
. i do need to request that i can share a table and good source with someone (Ari?)? also, anyone have a computer loaded with lotsa great music and a way of connecting it to a dac?

I may be able to help you with the latter.  I can bring my spare MBP and a hard drive with about 50gb of music.

I too have been chatting with the MOTs...I MAY have some good Schiit to bring along.  I will also have Trevor's (Norse Audio) flagship 8-conductor cables for LCD-2's...balanced + 1/4" adapter.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #318 of 405

Quote:
Does anyone have a half decent tape deck lying around? I just got some tapes and want to really hear them.

Do what I did.  A friend just lent me all the cassettes for the Stephen King Dark Tower series, so I bought an old car with a cassette deck in it. 

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #319 of 405

Quote:
Do what I did.  A friend just lent me all the cassettes for the Stephen King Dark Tower series, so I bought an old car with a cassette deck in it. 

Dark tower on cassette??  Holy crap, that must be a TON of cassettes!

I have them on mp3. 

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #320 of 405

Quote:
i've been in touch with some mots trying to russle up some gear and have had some success. this will make some of you rather happy 
biggrin.gif
. i do need to request that i can share a table and good source with someone (Ari?)? also, anyone have a computer loaded with lotsa great music and a way of connecting it to a dac?

I will be bringing my external HDD that has around 70gb of music(some of it is crap) that I will be connecting to my laptop which inturn is connected to my dac.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #321 of 405
Have the vendors that will attend been confirmed?  If so, which ones are coming?  Thanks.

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #322 of 405
Is anybody bringing some Ultrasones? I would like to hear a few, preferably the Pro 900s or 2900s. 

BTW, good joke, erikzen. When I get a car I will try to get a tape player in it. 

I have some CDs that are audiophile quality, lots that aren't but I love, and some LPs. If I can make the meet, I will have some very good reference points as far as music goes, which is critical IMO to make sure you are hearing what you think you are hearing. Not that it matters a whole bunch, but I can definitely rest assured that I know what I am listening to. 

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #323 of 405
Hey, you guys have room for one more? Just found out that I'll probably be able to come! Here's what I can bring:

Future Sonics Atrios (v2 and mg7 drivers)
Panasonic HJE900's
Sony MDR-D66SL "Eggos"
Audio Technica ATH-M50S
Fiio E5
Fiio E7
Cowon D2(+'d)

I'm not 100% sure I can make it or for how long, but I'm really hoping I can.  Is there still space for another?

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #324 of 405

You can take my spot. PayPal me $20 and its yours.
Quote:
Hey, you guys have room for one more? Just found out that I'll probably be able to come! Here's what I can bring:

Future Sonics Atrios (v2 and mg7 drivers)
Panasonic HJE900's
Sony MDR-D66SL "Eggos"
Audio Technica ATH-M50S
Fiio E5
Fiio E7
Cowon D2(+'d)

I'm not 100% sure I can make it or for how long, but I'm really hoping I can.  Is there still space for another?

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #325 of 405

Quote:
Aaron,

Will the hotel provide us some place cards?

No, usually someone prints them up or we use ones from staples. Unfortunately, I have been away for 3 weeks with a new job. I'm actually in Northern Maine right now.

I purposely picked up a call in Mineola for Friday, which should only take a half a day, so they can't send me away. It would be ludicrious to miss my own party.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #326 of 405
If I can, I might just try to make it this year. 

I have this strong desire to wander aimlessly and plug my new W1000X into things.

No, I won't specify what sort of things.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #327 of 405
Quote:
If I can, I might just try to make it this year. 
I have this strong desire to wander aimlessly and plug my new W1000X into things.
No, I won't specify what sort of things.

Dave, it'll be good to see you - it's been way too long!  just don't try to plug your ATs into any head-fiers
eek.gif

Quote:
You can take my spot. PayPal me $20 and its yours.

Slackmeister, you haven't changed a bit! 
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #329 of 405
Two questions:

1.) Anyone coming from Jersey?  I live just north of Morristown and am trying to decide if I should take public transportation or drive (~2 hours vs ~1 hour, according to google maps).  Anyone know how bad the traffic tends to be on a Saturday coming from my area?

2.) Could somebody, anybody puuuuuuulleeeeeeeezzzzeee bring some single flange tips that fit Future Sonics Atrios that they wouldn't mind me trying out/buying off them?  I'm on a warpath to find the best tips for the Atrios.  Tips that would fit include most Shure, Klipsch, Etymotic, Westone....my findings will be written up here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536912/review-future-sonics-atrios-comparison-between-different-tips

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #330 of 405
If I come, is there room for my receiver and turntable? I could put the turntable on top of the receiver, as it works fine that way. It is about 18 inches wide, so please anybody tell me if there will be a problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back