Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Mar 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #377 of 402
I CAN'T WAIT!!! My tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket. Thankfully I will have a chance to try everything I dream about out before I make an investment. I hope I remember to bring a CD of my favorite tracks.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #378 of 402
Where are all out of towners staying tonight? I think I'll be free to get a beer or something tonight...

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #380 of 402
Just a quick reminder for everyone; bring a lot of cash. It looks like there are going to be many drool worthy items in the auction.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #382 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are all out of towners staying tonight? I'll get free beer or something tonight...

Very generous of you Albert but I'm going to have to pass. See you tomorrow.

Question: Should I bring extension cords and power strips?

Sorry, I'm feeling a little giddy.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #383 of 402
Everyone take note (besides power strips and extension cords).

The SILENT AUCTION will be held in the Annex Room at 4 pm. Salon D will be locked by the manager (same as last year) and then re-opened after the auction is over.

With this year's inclusion of Whiplash Audio and Beyer Dynamics and Monster, along with all the regular MOT's generosities, this one is going to be a doozie.
I will be writing down all winners and prices, and checking off as I collect, so it's all written in stone.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #384 of 402
All packed. Charging batteries. Found some junk either for the auction or the parts box. Don't forget the DIY swap box. Bring your junk.

Who's bringing name badges? We need stinking badges.

The gear list is up to date.

Don't forget extension and power cords, and your favorite music. Extra sources, interconnects, adapters, etc. are often needed, too.

Also remember proper attire (cool new headphone t-shirts) and uhm... you know. And I'll try to remember to bring myself this time.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #385 of 402
I finally got the final word from my bosses that I can have off of work tomorrow. I live in Manhattan and need to take the train to the meet. Can someone give me directions again? I remember someone mentioning taking a train from Penn Station. Any help by all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #386 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have fun guys, I'm very sad to be missing this meet.

You will be missed Nate.

I was up in Franklin NH this morning and flew back out of Manchester.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone give me directions again? I remember someone mentioning taking a train from Penn Station. Any help by all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LIRR out of Penn, Port Washington line to the Bayside stop. 24 minute LIRR ride.
15 minute walk or $5 cab ride from Bayside station to address in first post.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #388 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will be missed Nate.

And I won't be?
crying_baby.jpg

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #389 of 402
I drove there last year but the memory is the second thing to go and I can't recall which route I followed.

Mapquest avoids Manhattan and sends me over the GW, Google takes me across 34th St. from the Lincoln Tunnel to the LIE. Very familiar with both -- I think early Sat. morning (and I am leaving very very early before my wife dreams up errands -- will hit the Burger King across the street for breakfast) the Manhattan route (LIE) wins.

Hey you guys on the Island -- correct or not? GW or tunnel(s)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back