Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Mar 10, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #347 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it Saturday yet? Wavoman and I are cooking something up...
smily_headphones1.gif

sounds interesting.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #348 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheesecake brownies?
tongue_smile.gif

You ready to break a 7 year tradition? You think the Jersey Boyz are going to wake up Ray at 3 in the morning with the cake mixer, like BrownieLady can?
Years of experience are hard to beat.

I'll tell her now, not to make them. It'll save me at least 5 lbs. the week after.

BTW- Oh Good! It's going to be raining and windy on Saturday! At least it will be in the 50's.

Did I mention Extension cords and Power strips? I forgot if I mentioned Extension cords and Power strips.

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #349 of 402
Are you suggesting we should bring power strips and extension cords, Aaron?

Mar 10, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #350 of 402
Did I actually mention bringing power strips and extension cords?
I thought I was just using my inside voice.
biggrin.gif

Every meet, we always have someone "borrowing" electrons from
someone else. Wires, wires everywhere. Wires, wires, I don't care!

A Fluke meter usually makes an appearance at some point too.
L3000.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #352 of 402
What are dinner plans for after the meet?

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #354 of 402
PS anyone have a macbook with firewire that I could borrow for the meet. I am bringing a dac that I need to run off a mac with firewire and my home rig includes a 42 inch tv for a monitor that just won't work for meet purposes.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #355 of 402
The last three sound cool, not sure about PS but it's close to the 4th Ave. Pub so I guess if we are there we can check it out. It will be sad if we don't make it to Blind Tiger though.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #358 of 402
Scobee Diner on Northern Blvd. for the usual crowd (I don't partake at Bayside family diner anymore, they pissed off my family and their food went downhill).

Scobee is the actually the same distance from the hotel (1 mile), just in the opposite direction (yes Bob, that's actually east and not more west
tongue.gif
).

This will be at 6 pm. Whoever is going to the city, I envy you, but with a car full of stuff and a hungry belly, the diner will be instant gratification.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #359 of 402
It is with great pleasure that I offer a humble toob amp to the silent auction.

For your consideration is a single ended pentode amplifier. It uses Chinese/Russian tubes, and works pretty nicely. It is rated for about 15W and includes 2 pr of output tubes. The gain tubes should last quite some time and are readily available on ebay. It should be noted that this is an older version of this amp, with a power supply choke as opposed to a power supply resistor like newer variants.

I got this amp a few years ago from Skylab when it blew up (he put the wrong tubes in thinking they would work, oops) It was a simple fix, I offered it back, but he only bought it because he thought it would use that tube. The parts that were damaged in the failure were replaced with high-grade parts (Ruby caps, and non-inductive resistors) and everything else on the amp was checked over to see if it made sense.

The amp drives K1000 quite well, and does a splendid job with efficient speakers. It has a headphone jack, although I must caution you if the amp is not in the best of moods it may hum with normal headphones. Bummer. Its never been a problem with speakers or K1000 for me.

I would like to place a $60 first bid on this, but its worth a fair bit more.

aDSC_0012.jpg

aDSC_0010.jpg

aDSC_0002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back