Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Jan 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #106 of 402
OK, I'm in. Family commitment that day but at 5:30 in College Point. So no problemo. Just can't hang around for the apres-meet festivities.

I'll be representin' the CTH, just in case CFcubed can't make it.

I'll be sportin' some funky tubsticles like the Siemens ECC 82 "chrome plate", Amperex 8416 PQ, Sylvania JHS 12AU7 (cheap but good), and a Conn branded RCA Cleartop 12AU7, plus whatever I can scrounge up on eBay between now and then.

Will have the stock PS Audio DLIII, trusty SACD Mods Sony NS-755V transport, and Denon MD5000DE headphones.

Probably won't bring the Stax. Sad to say that the Lambda Pros and SRM 1/MK II have been sitting in the box since the last meet. I'm having too much fun with the CTH.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #107 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be sportin' some funky tubsticles l

Too much information!
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drive out after work friday morning, so id need a bed for two nights,friday and saturday, and then drive back sunday. anyone want to loan me a bed??
smily_headphones1.gif

LMK if you need a lowered room rate. Glad to have you grace our presence.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #108 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too much information!
redface.gif

LMK if you need a lowered room rate. Glad to have you grace our presence.

grace your presence? lol im a relative newbie, though i will bring my Audio GD DAC19Mk3, and Audio Technica ATH-A900's, and my jh-13s, not that anyone can test them. And then hopefully either the protector or the pico slim
smily_headphones1.gif
oh and my MBP full o' musics

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #109 of 402
Quote:

Too much information!
redface.gif

What? I use my tubsticles to auditize my musications, with rollability taking a preponderance of the listenations in meetacious proximities. I thought you guys were into that.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #112 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I am in.
Going to bring a unique headphone stand.

What, your craneous maximus?

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #113 of 402
Speaking of headphone stand, I am in the market for one. Maybe someone can donate one to the auction, perhaps a Wooish or Drewish one?

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #114 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I am in.
Going to bring a unique headphone stand.

Nothing can be as unique as your "Burger King" crown and headphone stand that you had last year, Danny.

You're not getting older, you're getting better.

-It will be good to see you and all of the gang that I only get to see once or twice, or sometime thrice, a year.
-Really looking forward to seeing how much more gray hair, or how much bigger everyone's stomach got.

-That, and of course, the equipment. Yes, the equipment.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #115 of 402
Peter from Beyer just wrote me back to let me know he's in.

I asked him to post himself. I figured that would generate more excitement, being a Head-Fi first, and all. (They sent equipment in 2006 and had (Peter) Romanee and I forgot who else, to man their booth for the whole meet).They got a pair of headphones out of the deal.

Still working on Craig from Whiplash.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #118 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
perhaps a Drewish one?

That all depends if I make it up there. I'm at the mercy of my parents, and my parents HATE driving into long island. Harrison sure, but long island.......... We shall see.
(Also, I have no idea if I will be around for march 13 yet. I am also at the mercy of my research Professor)

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #119 of 402
This is not Babylon, this is Bayside. The drive is about 20 minutes longer than Harrison.

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #120 of 402
Quote:

This is not Babylon, this is Bayside. The drive is about 20 minutes longer than Harrison.

True, but it adds about an extra 12$ in tolls, and the traffic becomes much MUCH worse!

Last time my dad and I went to long island, a bad accident added an extra hour onto the driving vs. say... Harrison. The even sadder part was, I think it was Yikes who had the accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back