Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Jan 25, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #91 of 402
I'm in. Don't know what gear yet (if any). My pathetic first DIY attempt is not going well, won't be done in time. I'll bring the velcro again, why not? And the IMP tube tester for folks who want to match pairs of 12AU7's (AT7, AX7 ...).

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #92 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
March is much better than February for me. Late March would be even better, but it is what it is. I'll try to get there if I can.

"It is what it is" says the wise man with the unruly beard.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #94 of 402
I forgot to mention that I'm working on getting Peter to come from Beyerdynamics with their new line-up including their T-1 Teslas.
cool.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #96 of 402
oh man ill be so jealous if that works out :p

such a shame i cant make it..its so close to me too :T like 5 minutes away from where i am

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #97 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot to mention that I'm working on getting Peter to come from Beyerdynamics with their new line-up including their T-1 Teslas.
cool.gif

fantastic! thank you so much for working on that for us

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #98 of 402
I'll definitely be there. Arron are they offering a special room rate for us? I'd like to spend the night so I can come to Dinner with everyone.

At CES I really talked up beyerdynamic about coming to the Spring meet

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #100 of 402
Peter told me at CES that he would come, but hasn't answered my e-mail yet. I will drive out to Farmingdale, if I have to.

Also, I am working on Craig from Whiplash, and asking him to bring his products, especially the TWag headphone cables. If he can bring one each for the UE's, JH's and maybe Westones, we would be able to try them in our IEMs, and I promised him increased sales for '10
smile.gif
It would be nice if he could bring a pair for Ray's balanced Protector. That would be a NY first.

I already own a pair of TWags, with 300 hours on them, for my JH-13's and they are day and night over the stock.

The T-1 has tremendous potential, and would probably go well with any amp that drives the HE-5's properly.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #101 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll definitely be there. Arron are they offering a special room rate for us? I'd like to spend the night so I can come to Dinner with everyone.

Yes, Ethan. I'll get you and Mike a definite price. They have a lot of pilots and stewardesses stay there on weekends on a regular basis, due to it's proximity to LGA and JFK and LMNOP.

Last year the difference in price was something like $140 knocked down to $105, which inclused breakfast, coffee/tea, and Wi-Fi. It might come with a sink in the room, too!
evil_smiley.gif
If Stevieo was coming, I'd make sure there was tubs.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #102 of 402
This thread has been a rollercoaster for me. I was in, then I was out, now I'm a maybe.

Me want hear T-1!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #103 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter told me at CES that he would come, but hasn't answered my e-mail yet. I will drive out to Farmingdale, if I have to.
Also, I am working on Craig from Whiplash, and asking him to bring his products, especially the TWag headphone cables. If he can bring one each for the UE's, JH's and maybe Westones, we would be able to try them in our IEMs, and I promised him increased sales for '10
smile.gif
It would be nice if he could bring a pair for Ray's balanced Protector. That would be a NY first.
I already own a pair of TWags, with 300 hours on them, for my JH-13's and they are day and night over the stock.
The T-1 has tremendous potential, and would probably go well with any amp that drives the HE-5's properly.

cool stuff! hey hockey-boy, can you bring some piccolino demo cables to try with the JH audios? speaking of which, mebbe JHA can send up some of their universals (including a prototype of the jh25
wink.gif
). anyone know mr.current? - perhaps he could send a balancing act? hey aaron, how much are those TWigs and in what ways do they improve over the stockers? do they terminate to fit the protector?

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #104 of 402
Seems now that its back to march, i may be able to make it
smily_headphones1.gif
Ill be making the drive from Ohio if i do come. Drive out after work friday morning, so id need a bed for two nights,friday and saturday, and then drive back sunday. anyone want to loan me a bed??
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #105 of 402
I will be there. Looking forward to it as usual. Scottsmrnyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back