Official NYC Fall Regional Meet Impressions, Nov. 11, 2007
Dec 3, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #91 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get some herbs here.

It's Sunday now. I think it's time to upload more videos.
biggrin.gif

thanks lan, now does anyone know which ones would fit the stock tubes on a Little dot MKIII?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #92 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the amp was a demo unit (got it for a good price, i was told). the headphone will be one of the new models. i believe that was your question.

No, when you said you got a demo unit, I thought you meant the headphones not the amp. I was asking if you got the 1.2 (old style) or 1.3 (new style) headphones.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #93 of 123
yeah. the amp is a demo unit. the headphones will be the new model - version 1.3. Fang said there should not be too much of a delay in the 1-2 month wait, as the modifications are superficial. we'll see. as for the amp, it was reasonably priced and i have nothing else to drive them. no idea if the amp is any good, but i suppose it will be good enough for the interim.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #95 of 123
Wow, looks like another great meet, y'all! Was more than a bit bummed to have missed this one (first major area meet that I've missed in six years) & my Head-Fi buds. Unfortunately, something came up the morning of, and by the time everything was sorted out, it was too late to get there. Glad to see it came off without a hitch due to Tom's (bozebuttons) usual great management & all the help I'm sure he got on the day.

Eric (upstateguy), thanks for all the work making the nametags - definitely gave it that "extra-special" touch to make things even more professional. Sorry I wasn't there to wear mine, but Steve (SiBurning) definitely did the absentee's justice
wink.gif
. Thanks Peter (Romanee) for bringing my Senn PCX-250's for the "silent" auction - glad I was able to contribute something.

Lan (lan), those vids are totally awesome! Makes me feel like I was there, or at least not as bad that I wasn't. Looking forward to the rest. A really terrific contribution, and a totally new level for documenting meets. Keep it up.

Of all the new things I see, I think I'd most love to hear those TakeT H2's some time. Wish there were more impressions on them from the meet. But as Aaron (immtbiker) mentioned in the vid, they are not too effective in noisy environments like meets. Maybe a mini-meet in the near future?

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #98 of 123
I had a great time at this meet. A really nice combination of gear. More importantly, a great combination of people. My favorite meet so far.

Oh yeah, source matters.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #99 of 123
Is this the power supply for the Raptor:

DSC_0094.jpg

?

What's the extra wiring coming out of the top?

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #103 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not.

Thanks TM....

And the forum is moving along at a snails pace....

It's frustrating to try to read or post when it takes forever for the page to load.....

USG

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #105 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice pics mr monkey!

I really enjoyed your headroom rig at the meet btw.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it.

One thing this meet confirmed for me is that I really shouldn't be listening to lossy if I can't help it. I hope to have some more cohesive impressions later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back