Official NYC Fall Regional Meet Impressions, Nov. 11, 2007
Dec 3, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #106 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, that's it Jimmy. The wires would be Nate's alligator clips helping out with a blown fuse (I think).

Yup, radioshack jumper to the rescue again, this is becoming a running joke between Ray and I. Long story short, Ray had a little tube mishap with the Raptor and nobody had a fuse so we just jumpered it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #107 of 123
Isn't that against everything we learned in Electonics 101, day 1
wink.gif
?

That's it...I'm carrying around a roll of tin foil again, when I go into my accounts!

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #109 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. the amp is a demo unit. the headphones will be the new model - version 1.3. Fang said there should not be too much of a delay in the 1-2 month wait, as the modifications are superficial. we'll see. as for the amp, it was reasonably priced and i have nothing else to drive them. no idea if the amp is any good, but i suppose it will be good enough for the interim.

I heard from Fang that the amp wouldn't be available for some time....Also, that the connector was idiosyncratic to HEAudio, including both the amp and the 1.2/3 (well they have to match don't they, eh!? so, maybe that was the department of redundancy department). They are coming out with an adapter in the next few months 'so they can be used with any amp'. He did mention 'xlr' but it was a little hard to figure out in that meant balanced or a single xlr connector...he also mentioned a Stax adapter.

Immmtbiker-How were you amplifying the phones with their connector? Just to amps with Stax chassis mounts available?

Vcoheda-Has the amp settled in and become less bright?

It might be even more amazing if Fang did come out with a balanced adapter and your RSA Apache could give them a go.....Your set up with the AKG's remains one of the most enjoyable listening experiences for at the meet...Second to the TakeT, but a lot easier to integrate into a two channel system...

Rats! the e.r. is paging again! later!

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #110 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by budburma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vcoheda-Has the amp settled in and become less bright?

once i get a step-up transformer, i plan to burn it in. of course, i won't be able to actually use the amp until i have the electrostatic headphones. so your guess is as good as mine. i expect the amp to be sufficient. it is a matching amp, made by the same company (HEAUDIO) that manufacturers the headphones. whether it's anything more than that, i don't know. my guess is that a Woo GES, HeadAmp KGSS, or a higher-end Stax amp is better. but i got the amp for a decent price and it should be good enough to let me enjoy/evaluate these new and interesting headphones.

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #112 of 123
Video update, I've uploaded Head-Direct so you can see that new electrostatic system, WooAudio, and PeterP's stuff. I'm going to upload more user systems next week. I need a little room for the AudioCubes video I will be doing this Friday for this "week" so I need to save some space quota.

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #116 of 123
Alrighty now, the last of the videos are up which include SinglePower Audio, NikonGod, Erikzen, Warrior05, and Vcoheda's systems.

WHEW! This was intense making these videos. Thanks for taking the time and letting me record you guys.

I'm going to try and upload the 2006 international meet just for archival purposes.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #120 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to try and upload the 2006 international meet just for archival purposes.

Thanks Ian
tongue.gif
. No, seriously, I still watch the Reggae Pink Floyd video once a month (even though the host isn't in it)
tongue.gif
It's truly awesome.
You are a very important cog in the gears of what makes the NYC region one of the best in the country!!!
cool.gif

We rock. Can't wait until March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back