Official NYC Fall 2015 Regional Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #61 of 81

I actually have no experience with the iFi stuff unfortunately.  I usually recommend the Magni/Vali and Modi or the Element to people for the ZMF's.  Wish I had more experience with a greater amount of gear!

I had a quick demo at the New York Audio show with the Micro iDSD, and it sounded great (it was driving a pair of HiFiMan 400s)

That being said, I only had a couple of quick minuets with the Element/ZMF combo at the Head-Fi meet as well, and although I can't A/B them, I'd say you wouldn't be loosing anything with the Element. Especially with the price difference!! The Element & Vibro really sounded phenomenal to me....dangerously good.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #62 of 81
Did anyone happen to get a pic of the gentleman who won the UE900s with his winnings? I didn't see anything on the thread. I believe he mentioned he's not a member of Head-Fi. His name is Jason. I wanted to see if I could get a pic with him with the UE900s so I can get it to UE for promotional purposes. If someone knows how to get in contact with him. PM me.

Thanks!
Mullet (Scott)

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #64 of 81
I still need to hear from Kristoffer, anyone know his handle?

I don't think he's a Head-Fi'er...he was working at the Arist Audio (Heron Amp) Table

He's the one in the middle (who out-bid me!! If the deal falls through...let me know...lol)

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #65 of 81
His name isn't Kristoffer. That's WIllaim Tse, one of the founders of Airist.

I don't think he's a Head-Fi'er...he was working at the Arist Audio (Heron Amp) Table

He's the one in the middle (who out-bid me!! If the deal falls through...let me know...lol)

His name isn't Kristoffer. That's WIllaim Tse, one of the founders of Airist. I'd PM AiristAudio if you're looking to get in touch.

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #67 of 81
Had to travel last week for work which puts me really late posting my impressions!

I was the lone person who brought some CD's to the meet, haha.  Here's a quick pic of bikerboy94 having a listen to the HD800's at my table:

Had a wonderful time meeting and chatting with everyone; Especially enjoyed the long talk with Steve Guttenberg while I was packing up, thanks Steve for the stories!

Got a chance to listen to many of the vendors gear and a few stood out:
- Ether (open back):  Interesting sound!  More analytical than most planars that I've heard.  Dan was great to talk with.
- HiFiMan Edition X:  I listened to these back and forth vs the HE-1000's and... they were more similar than different.  I find both to have a smooth and excellent full sound with great bass and a very slightly rolled off treble.  The HE-X seemed much more efficient / easy to drive on the EF-6.
- SR-009 + BHSE:  'nuff said.  Had a good time talking with the Headamp vendor (Jeremy? I'm horrible with names) who I lent my SR-007A's to for a bit. 
- Woo WES:  Was my first time hearing and... it ranks right up there with the BHSE!  Was also great to talk with Jack about the Stax gear. 

Many other great products, too many to list.  Looking forward to the next one.

- Aux

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #68 of 81
It was great to meet you Aux...

I loved your setup....and I agree with the HE1000/ HE-X impressions...the HE-X, if priced right, may be a real high end bargain (an oxymoron if there ever was one!)

Thanks for the Grado pad recommendation, and teaching me about the Stax fart.

hope to see you next time!

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #70 of 81
  It was great to meet you Aux...

I loved your setup....and I agree with the HE1000/ HE-X impressions...the HE-X, if priced right, may be a real high end bargain (an oxymoron if there ever was one!)

Thanks for the Grado pad recommendation, and teaching me about the Stax fart.

hope to see you next time!

$1799 http://www.moon-audio.com/hifiman-edition-x-headphones.html

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #71 of 81
Link to NY spring meet SAT June 11th 2016

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788652/official-new-york-spring-meet-saturday-june-11-2016#post_12099928

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #72 of 81
Wish it was May right now.

Let's just skip right over Winter, and head directly to Spring!

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #73 of 81
  @zach915m have you ever had any experience with the iFi Micro iDSD?  I've never had a chance to listen to the iDSD and am considering getting either it or the Element for my desktop setup, and am wondering if you have had a chance to listen to both and could tell me which sounds better to your ears.

Goodyfresh, I had the Micro iDSD on my table at the meet. I think it's a great little unit.  Passing through New Haven tomorrow if you want me to stop by so you can listen with your own headphones.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #74 of 81
Goodyfresh, I had the Micro iDSD on my table at the meet. I think it's a great little unit.  Passing through New Haven tomorrow if you want me to stop by so you can listen with your own headphones.

I too had the micro iDSD at the meet. I also won the ipurifier at the auction as I was looking to get one. Since the meet I bought the ifi Gemini cable and iUSB. Boy do they make a difference. With the Gemini cable coming out of both of my MacBooks USB ports into the ipurifier then into the iUSB then finally the iDSD, the sound quality quadrupled. It's amazing how good it sounds. I thought the iDSD was good on its own, but too bright on some of my phones. With the new setup the absolute lack of noise blows your mind. The soundstage just opens up and the bass becomes so much deeper and visceral. You're able to make out each note in the sub bass it's so clear. My Christmas list contains the micro iCAN. I will also pick up the irack to complete my entire setup. I stress I can't think of anything that sounds better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back