Official NYC Fall 2015 Regional Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 81
Hey all...just got back home, just wanted to say the meet was lots of fun, enjoyed meeting folks who came out, putting faces and names together, and just listening. Took a few photos, have to get them in the computer see if any are worth posting (I saw other cameras more active than mine), now just crashing, but wanted to thank the organizers for all the work they did putting it together.
And thanks for the cupcakes and brownies, yum!

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 81
Actually, judging by the pictures already posted, likely mine won't add much...

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 81
I would love it if anyone who listened to the WA8 prototype last year could comment on the production model...

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 81
Unfortunately, I was much later getting to the meet than I had hoped, due to stuff that came up earlier in the day
frown.gif
  I'm honestly pretty upset over the fact that I didn't even get there until 3:10.  Of course, nobody wanted or even bothered to take a glance at my Sony MDR-1A or Shure SE215 that I had for-sale, not that late towards the end of the event, and I didn't end up having a chance to listen to very much equipment.

That being said, I got to listen to a few things I've been interested in and have now revised my wish-list accordingly.

Anyway, anybody wanna buy a Sony MDR-1A for $150 or a pair of Shure SE215 for $50?
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 81
I was there from about 10:30, had many items for sale, only sold 1...don't think we had a shopping crowd. Maybe everyone was waiting for the auction...there were some nice items that went for good prices.
Sorry you got there so late...didn't get to hear everything I wanted to, either, sometimes the waits were long, and I'm not too patient, so I didn't hear the Woo stuff either. Loved the home produced Linus computer/Geek Out V2,the vintage, collector Sony. Four to hear the almost totl GRADO, the Mojo that seems to be FOTM, (and, from my listening, designed the accolades). And, seemed to me EVERYONE owns an HD-800. Listened to it last meet I went to (about a year and a half ago, again today...it's a really nice headphone (but I'm glad I have an HE-1000).

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #10 of 81
I was there from about 10:30, had many items for sale, only sold 1...don't think we had a shopping crowd. Maybe everyone was waiting for the auction...there were some nice items that went for good prices.
Sorry you got there so late...didn't get to hear everything I wanted to, either, sometimes the waits were long, and I'm not too patient, so I didn't hear the Woo stuff either. Loved the home produced Linus computer/Geek Out V2,the vintage, collector Sony. Four to hear the almost totl GRADO, the Mojo that seems to be FOTM, (and, from my listening, designed the accolades). And, seemed to me EVERYONE owns an HD-800. Listened to it last meet I went to (about a year and a half ago, again today...it's a really nice headphone (but I'm glad I have an HE-1000).

I could try to sell my MDR-1A and Shure SE215 here in the forums but I've never sold anything on the internet in any capacity before, and don't know what exactly to do in terms of shipping, ensuring the receipt of payment, etc.  Could anyone with experience selling in these forums possibly PM me with some advice on the matter?

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 81
Thanks to Mullett for another epic meet! Impressions to come soon, but I really enjoyed talking to everyone today, it was a great meet and I had a blast.

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #13 of 81
Paula and I had a great time. I will post some pictures when we get home.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #15 of 81
Frank I and Immtbiker were at the meet in Stanford Ct.  Mr Speakers Dan Clark was making a splash with the Ether Series and set up with Woo Audio outstanding Electronics the WA5 LE drove the LCD 4 and Ether C to fantastic levels of listening enjoyment. The Tristate Members turned out in full force and ENIGMAcousitc's excellent Dharma hHybrid made its NY debut with positive impressions. Telica brownies were the hit of the show and the Kovics were there in full force. Great seeing friends from the NY are. Jonathan Scull was kind enough to bring the lCD4 and make the trip to spend some time with us Headphone maniacsYikes return for the not so silent auction raised enough money to cover the meet and move forward with the Spring Meet. There was everything form Kerry magnificent stat amp design to a tricked out Little Dot Amp to the classic Sony R10. I capped off the night by taking my family to Patsy in East Harlem for the worlds best pizza and a drive through the park to the West side.  A perfect day with great gear,good friends and terrific food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back