Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 19, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #106 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkwell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm beginning to see that now, as I spend more time on this forum, my wish list grows. My headphones just came in and I want another pair. (and an amp, and some custom cables, and better pads for the cups, and WOOD, wood anything)
icon10.gif

I assure you that after attending your first NYC meet your list will quadruple. These meets are like hanging out at a high end headphone shop with a lot of great patrons.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #108 of 507
I've realized that every time I go to a meet, I usually end up upgrading within a month.............

But this time around, I think that's going to change. I am plum broke, so that kinda breaks the cycle.
^_^

So yea, you'll keep sinking money in until either you're broke or........

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #110 of 507
I was a little disappointed when Aaron moved the date up into March. My overwhelming wish list item to audition is a set of new HD800's. With the date being the 21st it dramatically lessens the likelihood of there being any there, or if they are there that they won't be broken-in
frown.gif

Who who's planning on attending has the new Senns on order?

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #111 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With scotch and cheesecake brownies thrown into the mix!

best combo ever?
smily_headphones1.gif
What scotch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've realized that every time I go to a meet, I usually end up upgrading within a month.............

But this time around, I think that's going to change. I am plum broke, so that kinda breaks the cycle.
^_^

So yea, you'll keep sinking money in until either you're broke or........

heh, same thing happens to me. Gotta stay away from Fang's table this time around
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #112 of 507
I'm pretty grateful whenever anyone in the area steps up to organize a meet for the rest of us schlepps. I always find something interesting to listen to, and always love hangin' & talkin' with my NY area buds.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #113 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do. And if they aren't in my hands by the time of the meet, I will gladly send my pair (after the honeymoon) in your general direction for a while.

I was told early March, so here's to wishing for sugar plum fairies and everything nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best combo ever?
smily_headphones1.gif
What scotch?

Dude, you're in college. We didn't give you the password to the rum shop in the back.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #115 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i preordered an HD800 from TTVJ. no idea if i will actually have it by the meet. i hope, but we shall see.
ph34r.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #116 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, you're in college. We didn't give you the password to the rum shop in the back.

I'm 21 now!
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should bring a bottle of Lagavulin Quarter Cask to soften you guys up a bit?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #117 of 507
Definately will be attending. I've got a new DAC I built (based on the TwistedPearAudio OPUS DAC - WM8741) and it sounds wounderful with my Stax setup.

I think I'm gearing myself up to build the Blue Hawaii from Kevin Gilmore. I've done a lot of the pre-work, but I don't see how I can have it done by the meet.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #118 of 507
Quote:

I'm 21 now!
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should bring a bottle of Lagavulin Quarter Cask to soften you guys up a bit?
smily_headphones1.gif

OK, but I will need to see your ID while we sample the libations.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definately will be attending. I've got a new DAC I built (based on the TwistedPearAudio OPUS DAC - WM8741) and it sounds wounderful with my Stax setup.

I think I'm gearing myself up to build the Blue Hawaii from Kevin Gilmore. I've done a lot of the pre-work, but I don't see how I can have it done by the meet.

Hi Kerry. Just do it like you did the GES. Have it sprawled out all over your dining room table for weeks before the meet and then finish it on the way over while you're driving to the meet.
smile.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #119 of 507
Quote:

I'm 21 now!
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to listen to the HD800's, that Lagavulin better be 30 year old! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back