Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #271 of 317
sorry i meant having a chance to listen to the Geek is cool, but unfortunately i dont have a laptop, i only have a sansa clip zip with about 10-15 GB of mixed 320 kbps mp3's on a microsd for portable use.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #274 of 317
Going to NY from CA costs a fortune anyhow.  :)

I might take the subway but it's not easy lugging 100lbs of gear.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #275 of 317

If it gets too heavy to bring home....just leave it with me on this coast

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #276 of 317
Hey, there is a meeting tomorrow!

I'll be there.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #277 of 317

I can carry 1000lbs for you :)
Honda Element SC w/injen intake & Gibson Exhaust should do :wink:

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #278 of 317
I can carry 1000lbs for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Honda Element SC w/injen intake & Gibson Exhaust should do
wink.gif

Send me a PM-OK?

Disregard this post

Mike

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #279 of 317
  Just found out that the member who was planning to ride me to the meet isn't going after his car got damaged in the car accident last night so I'm wondering if anyone coming from Brooklyn has a seat in his car for skinny guy with the backpack. I live in Conry Island 2 minutes drive from exit 7 on Belt Pkwy but I can also meet where it's more convinient for you just PM me

Oleg,
We are still on for tomorrow morning,but we have to pick up Mr. Speakers..then the 3 of us ,are off to the meet--OK
PM-me.asap

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #281 of 317
Hey, just wondering if I can tag along with anyone going to the meet. I live in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, next to the BQE. Don't have much stuff, just a backpack. 

Also, does a subway go out there?

Thanks,
Alex

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #282 of 317
  Hey, just wondering if I can tag along with anyone going to the meet. I live in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, next to the BQE. Don't have much stuff, just a backpack. 

Thanks,
Alex

The closest subway is the 7 train to Main Street Flushing. Then you will have to take a bus to the location. I can't remember which bus it is offhand however. I think it's the N13 but not sure. There's also a LIRR that stops in Bayside by Bell Blvd which leaves you a few blocks away from the intersection of Bell Blvd and Northern Blvd. where you can take a bus(the same bus actually) to the location.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #283 of 317

Thanks,
Alex

Sure,

I will let you know what time,as soon as I hear from Mr. Speakers..-OK?

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #284 of 317
I going to be coming, and will bring the following:

Source:
Oppo BDP-105 with ModWright mods
MacBook Pro w/ Audirvana Plus

DACs & AMPs:
Headroom BUDA
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
RWA Audeze Edition Amp/DAC (with recent upgrades)
Wyred4Sound DAC2 USB

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD800 w/ balanced ALO cable
Audeze LCD2
Audeze LCD3

If I get really ambitious in the morning I'll load up Woo WEE, McIntosh 6900 integrated amp, and Stax SR-009.  Problems is that amp is heavy.  I was curious how that combo sounded compared to other Stax setups, but with Jason not coming so I don't think there will be a BHSE, and it didn't seem like Woo is bringing a WES.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #285 of 317
  I going to be coming, and will bring the following:

Source:
Oppo BDP-105 with ModWright mods
MacBook Pro w/ Audirvana Plus

DACs & AMPs:
Headroom BUDA
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
RWA Audeze Edition Amp/DAC (with recent upgrades)
Wyred4Sound DAC2 USB

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD800 w/ balanced ALO cable
Audeze LCD2
Audeze LCD3

If I get really ambitious in the morning I'll load up Woo WEE, McIntosh 6900 integrated amp, and Stax SR-009.  Problems is that amp is heavy.  I was curious how that combo sounded compared to other Stax setups, but with Jason not coming so I don't think there will be a BHSE, and it didn't seem like Woo is bringing a WES.

It'd be great if you could bring the 009. I'm brining a Stax amp you could plug it into. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back