Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #91 of 280
It's always fun, looking forward to it!

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #92 of 280
  Boy for a guy who said this was his last 5 years ago-you sound excited. LOL

I am looking for someone to step up & takeover organizing future meets as I have been doing this since the first NY meet in 2002 at Grado labs.I think its time to pass the torch.
If any one is interested let me Know .

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #93 of 280
Weekly Bump
popcorn.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #94 of 280
Suggestions for vendors:

Beyerdynamic - Peter usually comes to these local meets as they office in Long Island.
Audio46 - This headphone store in Manhattan carries some unique brands, including Final Audio Design, that we don't often get a chance to hear. Wonder if they'd care to attend? (http://audio46.com/)

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #95 of 280
Is anyone planning on bringing an e-stat system?
I know its a major PITA,but Ive never heard one and am quite interested in hearing what the hype is all about. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #96 of 280
I have the Koss ESP-950 (I use a Stax 323B to drive it). I often bring it to meets, along with my HE-1000. I find it mostly sits around unused, but I could bring it (it's not the upper echelon electrostat-usually someone has one of those there. It is pretty nice sounding, though imo).

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #97 of 280
Well, I just finished the Chinese Music Phase of my personal Music Addition Project of 2017 several days ago (I made a long, detailed post about it here on Head-Fi at this link), so it's time to..........entertain you with a fun new Chinese tune this time! 
beyersmile.png

But there's an unfortunate downside, though: the best online sound sample I could find of this particular song has terrible sound quality. But it's a great song, though, and fun to dance to.

(On a side note, this highlights one of the main reasons why I chose to go and buy various-artist CDs from a local shop here in Chongqing: for much-better sound quality than the lackluster -- or terrible -- SQ featured on most Chinese websites.)

Anyway, this song is called "Ge Zai Fei" (歌在飞), which translates to, "The Song is Flying," and the music artist is Su Le Ya Qi Qi Ge (苏勒亚其其格). This is a dance version of the song, and you can bop to it at the following link:

http://www.113dj.com/play/45557.html

Oh well,...if you really like it, then perhaps at the New York meetup in June, I can give you a better-sounding MP3 of this song from the various-artist CD album Nightclub Passion (夜店激情)that I just added to my music collection.

-----------------------
Finally, changing topics a bit,...if anyone can bring a pair of the brand-new V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless to the meetup, then I'll be extremely eager to hear how it sounds with my portable system. My main concern is that this new CF2W doesn't have as much sub-bass sensitivity as the M-100 / CFW1, but would love to give it a listen and see how it compares.

Am also a little curious to check out the Audioquest Nighthawk / Nightowl if someone brings one. Its sound signature might not quite be my ideal bed of roses, but I've heard a lot about them and am willing to give 'em a try.

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #98 of 280
I have the Koss ESP-950 (I use a Stax 323B to drive it). I often bring it to meets, along with my HE-1000. I find it mostly sits around unused, but I could bring it (it's not the upper echelon electrostat-usually someone has one of those there. It is pretty nice sounding, though imo).

That would be great,as Im not in the market to buy a high end E-stat anyways,and Ive heard good things about the Koss.

Why dont you use them? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #99 of 280
I meant that it generally sits unused at the meets, people tend to want to hear the HEK. At home, though, I also tend to use the HEK more (though at the moment, I have the HEK connected to the main system to listen to Macy Gray's album on my Linn turntable for a review. The 950 is now doing fine in my computer based system).

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #101 of 280
  Is anyone planning on bringing an e-stat system?
I know its a major PITA,but Ive never heard one and am quite interested in hearing what the hype is all about. 

I will be bringing my Stax L700 as well. Got a good deal on it and it sounds amazing to me, even better than the L300. I only have the cheapest Stax amp (srs-252s) to go with it but the Lambda series aren't that hard to drive. Though maybe someone will bring a better amp (would love to try a Blue Hawaii! ^^).

Also, MrSpeakers has been developing an electrostatic prototype for a while now. I sincerely hope he brings it because I have heard it sounds comparable to the stax 009's and because all his headphones sound great.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #102 of 280
  I will be bringing my Stax L700 as well. Got a good deal on it and it sounds amazing to me, even better than the L300. I only have the cheapest Stax amp (srs-252s) to go with it but the Lambda series aren't that hard to drive. Though maybe someone will bring a better amp (would love to try a Blue Hawaii! ^^).

Also, MrSpeakers has been developing an electrostatic prototype for a while now. I sincerely hope he brings it because I have heard it sounds comparable to the stax 009's and because all his headphones sound great.

I failed to hear the new Mr.Speakers E-stat at CanJam,been reading tons of great thoughts and opinions on them though.

By the time Im ready to get into E-Stats they will be out and price tag will be a known quantity,but yeah,essentially Dan's new creation has re-ignited my interest in hearing them and finding out if theyre for me or not. 

Count the old man and kiddo in...see yall in June.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #103 of 280
Late post to the thread. Count me in, I will be there showcasing one headphone, a new flagship that very few people have heard. I will have my red table covering.

Can't wait......ESL-1

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #105 of 280
  Suggestions for vendors:

Beyerdynamic - Peter usually comes to these local meets as they office in Long Island.
Audio46 - This headphone store in Manhattan carries some unique brands, including Final Audio Design, that we don't often get a chance to hear. Wonder if they'd care to attend? (http://audio46.com/)

I called peter & left a message.I also emailed audio46 with the thread link & invitation.
Jimmy are you coming to the meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back