Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #137 of 163
Rudi, of course JPS-Labs is going to tell you that their headphones are excellent and that they don't require a good seal, they want you to buy their product after all

Hahaha LOL :D

I was as The First person In My Audiophile friends Bought Abyss
After that 4 OF My Audiophile Friend Bought Abyss 1266 too
:D
Abyss 1266 is really excellent headphone , Abyss need proper source and Amp
If you hear With not so proper amp SQ is not so Good

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #138 of 163
Aloha Sera
I was celebrated My birthday With My family
My nick name is rudi 0504
biggrin.gif

Happy belated B-day Rudi. For a moment I thought we missed a opportunity to meet each other, as I happened to be 1/2 hour away from the meet, so I got to go!

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #139 of 163
Just to get your opinions, anyone else feel the Oppo PM1 didn't impress? I know I've said it before but I just personally think you have to be pretty nuts to buy the PM1 for $1100.

I understand why some would like it, and I'm not trying to start an argument here, I just am really suprised by the highly favorable review on the front page

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #140 of 163
I share the same sentiment as you. I had about 5 minutes with the PM1 and I wasn't thoroughly impressed. I think my thought to oleg was "these cost that much?!?, not worth it..."

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #141 of 163
  I share the same sentiment as you. I had about 5 minutes with the PM1 and I wasn't thoroughly impressed. I think my thought to oleg was "these cost that much?!?, not worth it..."

After trying them at with moded SEX as well as RWAK100 i agree to it. For the asking price I would rather buy used HD800 than new PM-1

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #142 of 163
Just to get your opinions, anyone else feel the Oppo PM1 didn't impress? I know I've said it before but I just personally think you have to be pretty nuts to buy the PM1 for $1100.

I understand why some would like it, and I'm not trying to start an argument here, I just am really suprised by the highly favorable review on the front page

I own them and I don't like that they cost so much.
The case alone is worthy of a Stax can and nothing less.
The case is just tooo much!

I feel I paid too much for a lot of extravaganza.
I guess it's because it's their best efforts to date.
Yet it is The sound that should be of prime importance.

I don't feel their sound is at the level of a flagship.
The signature is worthy of a classic,
But the presentation of sub details and palpable instrument separation, and soundstage is not at flagship level, to me,
Based on my hd800 and past memory of the w3000anv and Beyer T1.

I feel they are at the competition level of the Fostex th600 and surpassing the Alpha Dog & maybe he500.
Yet nothing alike, just that level of competence..

Sorry for off topic.

What I would like to know, as I forgot,
Is the name of that SS amp that was at the next table to the left of Dan (MrSpeakers) table..
I really liked that amp sound and it had a peculiar click sound from the volume change. . Yet not the actual volume nob clicked...

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #143 of 163
The red one? That was a Headamp GSX-MK2 from Justin from Headamp. Its a great amp no doubt! I think that has the click, not sure tho.

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #144 of 163
The red one? That was a Headamp GSX-MK2 from Justin from Headamp. Its a great amp no doubt! I think that has the click, not sure tho.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #146 of 163
What was the expensive amp that was on the raised platform next to Mr. Speakers? The H.F. I listened with was the HE-6.
That table right to left of table I mentioned and so two tables away from MrSpeakers. .
Always good to use MrSpeakers as a reference point(!) lol

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #147 of 163
That was the Lampizator table I think (PR however you spell it) with the HUGE $12 DAV and Wyred4Sound Monoblocks

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #149 of 163
  Yup that's it. Sounded mighty fine but IMO not 6 times my PWDII & Mojo. Maybe not even twice.

Can you measure any piece of gear that way? I've had the pleasure of owning some of the highest praised gear out, for me it allways came down to how much I valued the differences or improvements and if I'm willing to pay for it. Once you've actually lived with gear on the performance level of a Lampizator Lev7 or Lev5 for a few weeks thats when you realize how special they are and what you are missing.

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #150 of 163
Anxious to read how the oppo pm-1 sounded.

The Oppo PM-1 is actually better when compared to the HD 800 as based on my experience with both of these headphones the HD 800 sounded a bit dull and recessed when compared to the PM-1 and also the PM-1 has even better track separation as it has 'perfect' I mean perfect sound reproduction once compared to the HD 800. I do recommend you audiophiles to demo the PM-1 before you purchase any other audiophile headphones as the PM-1 is defiantly worth the investment for mixing both at home or at a studio. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back