OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 16, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #106 of 214
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh man! I'll be there!
cool.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #107 of 214
I'll have my HD600's with Cardas rewire and Grado SR125's. I just made up a new 5' cable with Cardas pins and Furutaech 1/4" plug. I'll bring my 10' Cardas cable with gold mini/ 1/4" adapter for anyone wishing to try Cardas with Senns.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #108 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldkeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have HP's they want to bring, really want to hear these.

I have many HP's, but which in specfic?

i'l cart along my HP2 if you want to hear them.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #109 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be very obliged if you "carted" along your HP-2's, personally.
smily_headphones1.gif

Pumped for the meet, guys!

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #110 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have posted 1/1000th of your total which matches the ratio of headphone stuff owned.

Are you binging a TT? I'll bring LP's.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #111 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you binging a TT? I'll bring LP's.
biggrin.gif

Im very tempted now. argh. Someone else is bringing theirs.

I am bringing 2 phono stages for him to try: Bottlehead seduction tube and my "passive RIAA" opamp based phono stage.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #115 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In support of the limited space I plan to bring nothing but myself and perhaps my laptop so I can steal some music if I happen to find something I like.

But you are signed up for a Pico ... it takes no room at all. Ya gotta bring that!! I have been planning for weeks a blind Pico vs iQube vs Predator test. They have all been reviewed together here before, but no blind test panels with JERSEY EARS. I figure you just turn your back and we move the mini-to-mini cable among the amps after an initial run to match the volumes.

We record all the preferences, correlate by type of music and cans.

We do this as a series of paired A/B tests and balance the combinations (which two, which order) ... you can also measure the consistency and expertise of listeners this way. Food industry does this type of testing all the time. (Hey, I'm a statistician by training and know how to do this ... or I did 20 years ago anyway, and can re-learn!).

Pico please!

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #116 of 214
grbwitt aka George Witterschein is in for E Hanover/NJ on July 26.

Bringing his custom design/build Ed Duda tube hp amp ---very original one of a kind iron.

Plus cans:
Etymotic ER-4S with some spare new ear-tips for the curious who want to try,
Ultrasone Proline 650 with custom Cardas-wire cable upgrade;

plus unusual digital source feeding Headroom MicroDAC.

I'm excited!
grbwitt aka George Witterschein
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #117 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah take the tuner and CDP off my list.

I was working with the hotel meeting planner today and she is trying to arrange nine 6-foot tables, which would give 25 people 2' 2" each of linear space, and 18" (at least) of depth. Plus, I don't think all 25 people are bringing gear (some are guests).

This is about what people had at CanJam '08, so if components stack you're fine.

On top of that we can time-share, shuffle, etc. Unless it's really huge maybe you can bring the CDP ... did you say it was modded? It's all about the DAC, isn't it, and listening would be cool. And if it has digital out then we can run the s/pdif thru other DACs for fun ... if we had a coax or optical converter to USB (these exist, I don't have one ... everyone usually wants to go the other way) we could even try the DACs in the Pico or Predator.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #118 of 214
It is on the project list, scratch the tuner for sure because I don't feel like cleaning it but I will try to have the CDP modded by then.

Also, we will be collecting money for the krmathis b22 build everyone. Check it out in the DIY forum.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #119 of 214
On further thought, my rig might take up less table-space if I bring the TT. ARGH, I hate these difficult decisions. I have the DIY not so wobbly wobbler rack & Igor inspired suspension.

I'l bring the turntable if i can park next to someone with a CD player.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #120 of 214
I'm sure there will be room for a vinyl rig, don't worry.

If I could have one more request I'd say anyone with a Headamp Pico, go ahead and bring that, as I'd love to compare it to the Predator, and hear it for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back