OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 19, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #136 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nikongod are you bringing a TT?

yes, I will bring my rega and its suspension
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #137 of 214
I would like to test some of this stuff with my cables...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my first meet (not counting Can Jam). Do people want to do organized experiments, or do I have the culture wrong (i.e., people just want to try everyone's gear one-on-one) ??

Experiments:
=========

1. Beyer HeadZone ... does it work? Need many people's opinion. Much debate in this forum about virtualizers, and this particular device has not been shown in the USA much. Smyth caused a major stir at Can Jam.

2. 250-Ohm 880's vs the brand new 600-Ohm 880's which many believe are a breakthru (I do). Lots of opinions would be great here too.

3. Single blind A/B tests of Pico vs Predator vs iQube vs ? (amp only; also DAC which leaves the iQube out). Again, lots of opinions (blind test results) are needed. As part of this we can also do single blind tests of high-end mini2mini vs generic interconnects.

I think these would all be a blast, and we have all day ... but certainly I am in no position to tell anyone what to do!

The results of all of these would make super threads that we could start, bringing fame and fortune to the NJ CREW. (OK, only fame, no fortune).

Yes? No?

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #140 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see grbwitt on the list, he was the 23rd to opt in and will be the 25th on the list if he gets on now.

Good call. With the PM I just got, we're done then! Any updates to the list, go ahead and PM them.

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #141 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my first meet (not counting Can Jam). Do people want to do organized experiments, or do I have the culture wrong (i.e., people just want to try everyone's gear one-on-one) ??

Experiments:
=========

1. Beyer HeadZone ... does it work? Need many people's opinion. Much debate in this forum about virtualizers, and this particular device has not been shown in the USA much. Smyth caused a major stir at Can Jam.

2. 250-Ohm 880's vs the brand new 600-Ohm 880's which many believe are a breakthru (I do). Lots of opinions would be great here too.

3. Single blind A/B tests of Pico vs Predator vs iQube vs ? (amp only; also DAC which leaves the iQube out). Again, lots of opinions (blind test results) are needed. As part of this we can also do single blind tests of high-end mini2mini vs generic interconnects.

I think these would all be a blast, and we have all day ... but certainly I am in no position to tell anyone what to do!

The results of all of these would make super threads that we could start, bringing fame and fortune to the NJ CREW. (OK, only fame, no fortune).

Yes? No?

Any chance of a quick review of the Beyerdynamic Headzone before the NJ meet?

Mike

Jul 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #143 of 214
I'm a mini-meet virgin so I apologize for my ignorance in advance.

The OP states that the meet is now closed. Does that apply to attendees as well as people demonstrating gear?

Jul 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #144 of 214
I'm assuming that you are not using the iPod correctly then....
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every meet I've ever gone to, we've basically just kinda tried each other's stuff individually. Walk around, listen to one rig, take your CD's to the next rig, try it out, etc.

But yeah, there are always experiments. One fun experiment we did at the first national meet near my table was thoroughly watch my and someone else's iAudio X5L thoroughly TRASH an iPod in terms of sound quality. That was fun.
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #145 of 214
No guarantees right now. I've already gotten about three requests to fit people in and I'm not sure it's going to happen. The room is just a very limited space, and this is a first-come-first-serve style meet, unfortunately. I absolutely hate to have to do this (turn people down). Wavoman?

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #147 of 214
Sorry to hear that jinp. On the bright side, we have room for two more people now I believe. Let me check on that.

Jul 20, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #150 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The room is just a very limited space, and this is a first-come-first-serve style meet, unfortunately. I absolutely hate to have to do this (turn people down). Wavoman?

Let me talk to the hotel on Monday and try xyzzy (magic happens).

If magic fails I could try the old-fashioned way (money under the table).

Or, this being NJ, I could make them an offer they can't refuse (set way back from Eisenhower Pkwy on the way to the hotel from I.280 is in fact the house of the fellow that the Tony Soprano character is supposedly based on. You have to know where to look, and I'm not telling, although I have actually been to the front gate).

Will report back, assuming I avoid arrest and incarceration (or being whacked).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back