OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 13, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #93 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm no 701 or 650. Anyone have them but were planning on not taking them?

I have a pair of K701's but I figured I was already bringing enough AKG's and someone else probably had one to bring. I can lug it along if no one else brings one.

Jul 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #94 of 214
SACD-Man is bringing K701's. I have a list at the beginning of the thread, you guys realize, right?

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #96 of 214
Quote:

So whats with the hat rule? I dont really do hats but can if there is some reason behind it... I shower i swear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by md1032
Are you suggesting we should all buy Head-Fi.org hats and bring them? Or just any hat?

Not my rule ... I was just repeating something I read from the CanJam 08 thread several months ago that said you're supposed to wear a cap when trying on someone else's HPs. I did at CanJam ... made sense to me. But personally I don't care. Then another thread said Head-Fi needs money, and people suggested buying things from CafePress ... I just put the two ideas together.

Any cap would be OK, need not be Head-Fi (mine will be though). No cap would be OK also with many of us I would guess. What do I know? This is my first meet, after one CanJam. Just a newbie trying to do the right thing.

MD1032 has done a great job on the "all in" list -- see OP. I know not to bring Senn 600's, those are covered.

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #97 of 214
Yea I'm bring my 701's...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Hmm no 701 or 650. Anyone have them but were planning on not taking them?

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #98 of 214
I say forget the hats:

Showers are now 100% mandatory the morning of the meet.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #103 of 214
Showers improve sound quality, but only if the ratio of copper to silver solids dissolved in the water is correct. The sound is warmer, more liquid. The highs flow smoothly. It helps to outline the shower door with a green marker (cuts down on reflectivity).

It has been noted that, when experiencing shower SQ, people often sing.

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #104 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Showers improve sound quality, but only if the ratio of copper to silver solids dissolved in the water is correct. The sound is warmer, more liquid. The highs flow smoothly. It helps to outline the shower door with a green marker (cuts down on reflectivity).

It has been noted that, when experiencing shower SQ, people often sing.

I'm assuming this is how Barry Manalow (sp?) started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back