Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #421 of 665
Anyone going that can make me a 30 pin to 1/8" stereo plug LOD that wont cost $100-200????   LOL

I'd make my own but my eyes would bug out trying to solder those small pins

I have something I can bring.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #422 of 665
Two questions for anyone who knows:

(1)  I want to purchase an iDevice compatible DAC.  Probably some version of the AlgoRhythm Solo, but I'd be open to alternatives if there are any.  Would the meet be a place where I could experiment with portable DACs to help me decide which to buy?  Or would it be better to buy a DAC before the meet.

I'll have a HP-P1 with me.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #423 of 665
Thanks for the replies.  I'll bring my K1000s, along with a couple adapters. Anyone whose interested is welcome to give them a listen.  And if you see a tall shaved headed guy carrying K1000s, and you happen to have an amp that might work with them, please give me a shout!

Anyone planning to bring an AlgoRhythm Solo?

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #427 of 665
Quote:
 Nice, I would love to try it out to compare what it would sound like dac wise vs ak100 and ak120.

I have the 120, HM801, HP-P1, and CLAS.  Don't know what i was thinking.  All have there pluses and minuses.....except maybe the 120, haven't found many minuses unless you want to sync with itunes i guess.  The 120 sounds dramatically better with 24 bit stuff i find so end up chasing down a lot of that.  CLAS is more full sounding but not as detailed.  

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #430 of 665
HAVE YOU REGISTERED/PAID ALREADY?  IF SO, A SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST IF YOU PLEASE...
smile.gif

For anyone that has registered and paid, please, please, please drop me a PM with your Head-Fi handle and your real name (the one you registered/paid with)... ESPECIALLY if your handle (or your accompanying guest) is NOT currently listed in the attendees list on the first page of this thread.

We are in the process of making meet badges for everyone, and this would help a LOT. 
smile.gif
  Thanks a bunch!

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #431 of 665
Finished up the glasses last evening.  I'll have about a dozen available.  
beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #433 of 665
Quote:
Finished up the glasses last evening.  I'll have about a dozen available.  
beerchug.gif

Yay!   I want one too!

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #434 of 665
Moved around my work schedule a bit to make things work. I'm in - confirmed for the meet. Will be nice to attend a meet not as an organizer for once! Thanks for putting this together Ethan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back