Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #391 of 665
Quote:
A very stupid question that I should know the answer to.

I use my MacBook Pro as a source to my Schiit Bifrost using Toslink cable.   Mac, easy, fine, plug it in and forget it.
I ordered the Schiit USB Gen 2 for the show because I figured USB is more prevalent.

I didn't think about the sources.  What will folks be walking around with source wise?
Laptops to the DAC or stuff like MP3 players direct to an amp?

My amp only has RCA inputs.
Should I make an adapter?

most people are going to have tables with a mac / laptop w/ foobar. most dacs should have rca as well.

as for me.. LOL i aint bringing my whole computer with me so I'm going to be using my friend's music.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #392 of 665
Quote:
most people are going to have tables with a mac / laptop w/ foobar. most dacs should have rca as well.

as for me.. LOL i aint bringing my whole computer with me so I'm going to be using my friend's music.

I don't think I worded my question very well.
I'm a guy with a table and gear.
I have either RCA's on the amp or toslink / USB on my DAC for folks to connect to
I only use a Mac.  I was curious what source equipment might come walking up to the tables.
What kind of interfaces.  Should I make some adapters?

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #393 of 665
Quote:
I don't think I worded my question very well.
I'm a guy with a table and gear.
I have either RCA's on the amp or toslink / USB on my DAC for folks to connect to
I only use a Mac.  I was curious what source equipment might come walking up to the tables.
What kind of interfaces.  Should I make some adapters?

I think that should be fine, most people use toslink / usb anyways

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #401 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
It will be like meeting a unicorn.

Not for me. Last two meets I went, he was there.

Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

You're welcome. 
smile.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #403 of 665
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #404 of 665
Two questions for anyone who knows:

(1)  I want to purchase an iDevice compatible DAC.  Probably some version of the AlgoRhythm Solo, but I'd be open to alternatives if there are any.  Would the meet be a place where I could experiment with portable DACs to help me decide which to buy?  Or would it be better to buy a DAC before the meet.

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #405 of 665
Quote:
Two questions for anyone who knows:

(1)  I want to purchase an iDevice compatible DAC.  Probably some version of the AlgoRhythm Solo, but I'd be open to alternatives if there are any.  Would the meet be a place where I could experiment with portable DACs to help me decide which to buy?  Or would it be better to buy a DAC before the meet.

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

=o bring your akg 1k's to the meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back