Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #2,146 of 3,817
I learned from my local high fidelity dealer that headphones have grown to become 1/3 of their business! (and they sell multi-thousand dollar speaker systems, wonderful turntable and CD players, network music routers, and vinyl!). No wonder Stereo Exchange opened a headphone room.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #2,147 of 3,817
I learned from my local high fidelity dealer that headphones have grown to become 1/3 of their business! (and they sell multi-thousand dollar speaker systems, wonderful turntable and CD players, network music routers, and vinyl!). No wonder Stereo Exchange opened a headphone room.

It's no wonder, you can have a top of the line headphone setup for like 5 grand whereas that would be considered entry level speaker system. Of course this is head-fi, so most of us are a partial to headphones

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #2,148 of 3,817
In the Chinese version of Twitter, Dr. Fang said that he always preferred the sound of HEKs, even on portable devices. So I guess it's fair to say that if you have money, always go for the HEKs rather than HEX.

I totally agree with what Dr Fang said. I tried both for pretty long time with a HM650 with Discrete Amp card, and I love the HEK far better than the Edition X. My oroginal plan was to get the Edition X since it's easier to drive, and I might use it with portable players lik HM650 and HM901s quite often for convenience sack. But in the end I got the HE1000 instead.

Never tried to use them with mobile phones, i buy them not for using with phones anyway.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #2,149 of 3,817
I totally agree with what Dr Fang said. I tried both for pretty long time with a HM650 with Discrete Amp card, and I love the HEK far better than the Edition X. My oroginal plan was to get the Edition X since it's easier to drive, and I might use it with portable players lik HM650 and HM901s quite often for convenience sack. But in the end I got the HE1000 instead.

Never tried to use them with mobile phones, i buy them not for using with phones anyway.

Hey Fengwei! How are you doing?! 新年快乐!

I agree. I had the first Commerical unit released in Singapore and I have given some listening to the HE X to see if I could justify getting it as well. While I liked it better than the LCD 4 by quite a margin during my extended demo session with both, I can't say I felt the urge to pick up the HE X. If there wasn't the HE1000, I will likely have. But not now that I have the HE 1000. :)

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,150 of 3,817
Love to know which portables you guys are using. I find the RSA Intruder balanced output is the most powerful.

Want more fun, pre-amp it with a Bakoon Portable HMA-001

That, to me, sounds better than the Chord Hugo.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,151 of 3,817
Had a quick listen to HEX at a meet, own the HEK. HEX is a very nice sounding headphone...HEK is better sounding, from the quick comparison I got.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #2,152 of 3,817
Really enjoy the QP1R with the HE1000:

...and the iCAN Micro SE with XBass enabled provides immense power and turns the HE1000 into a bass behemoth (no exaggeration):

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #2,153 of 3,817
Hey Fengwei! How are you doing?! 新年快乐!

I agree. I had the first Commerical unit released in Singapore and I have given some listening to the HE X to see if I could justify getting it as well. While I liked it better than the LCD 4 by quite a margin during my extended demo session with both, I can't say I felt the urge to pick up the HE X. If there wasn't the HE1000, I will likely have. But not now that I have the HE 1000. :)

Happy new year! Have been busy as usual, just got back from 2 weeks oversea trip (which is pretty rare for me, first ever actually), in time for the CNY :) Glad to see the HE1000 waiting for me when i got home two nights ago :D

Don't think it'd make sense to get the Edition X if already have HE1000. But I'm surprised that you like it even more than the LCD4. I had the LCD2, which I liked better than the LCD3. Haven't got chance trying the 4 yet.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,154 of 3,817
Happy new year! Have been busy as usual, just got back from 2 weeks oversea trip (which is pretty rare for me, first ever actually), in time for the CNY :) Glad to see the HE1000 waiting for me when i got home two nights ago :D

Don't think it'd make sense to get the Edition X if already have HE1000. But I'm surprised that you like it even more than the LCD4. I had the LCD2, which I liked better than the LCD3. Haven't got chance trying the 4 yet.

Heheh! Now you feel my pain of the life on the road. :)

I agree on the LCD 2: outstanding can with its own distinctive signature. That's where my love affair with the Ausseze house sound signature stays. Not so enamoured with what came thereafter. :)

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #2,155 of 3,817
Heheh! Now you feel my pain of the life on the road. :)

I agree on the LCD 2: outstanding can with its own distinctive signature. That's where my love affair with the Ausseze house sound signature stays. Not so enamoured with what came thereafter. :)

Yeah, I went oversea twice in two months, one more coming in April. Trips were great, but I enjoy staying at home w the family better. Hopefully I won't be going out again anytime soon.

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,156 of 3,817
Yeah, I went oversea twice in two months, one more coming in April. Trips were great, but I enjoy staying at home w the family better. Hopefully I won't be going out again anytime soon.

Indeed! Hope you have time with the family and more time with the awesome HE1000! :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #2,160 of 3,817
sorry for the off topic, anyone drive the HEK with Violectric 281 in balance mode in Singapore? I wish to know if it's a good match with Chord Dave and HEK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back