Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,011 of 3,817
I actually never went through with getting one mate, but the squeaking exists on a lot and has been mentioned on here and the other thread. I should have kept quiet really - someone that had a squeaky one just made me vent.
I will have a 4K pot ready for February so will be doing a totl shootout at my dealers. I won't lie and say im gonna get my end game set up - as we both know it never ends!
Nice! What kind of gear were you looking at for your "endgame" setup? I would highly recommend the HE1000 if you can find a non squeaky one. I prefer them over my lcd-3s, though I haven't had a chance to hear the LCD-4s yet.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,012 of 3,817
Not a crusade really - I just take it a little too personally sometimes.
Thank you for revealing your flashpoint for being offended. I'll be sure to tip toe around you in the future.

:wink:

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2,015 of 3,817
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,017 of 3,817
Could anyone compare the HE-1000 to Audeze LCD-X? Thanks!
LCD X = attack, exciting, bass slam, speed, good detail retrieval, small but realistic soundstage, suited for all genres (imo), excel with rock, edm, hip hop
He1000 = laid back, nimble, extremely musical, impressive detail retrieval, incredible soundstage, great sub bass, excel with soft rock, classical, acoustic

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,018 of 3,817
LCD X = attack, exciting, bass slam, speed, good detail retrieval, small but realistic soundstage, suited for all genres (imo), excel with rock, edm, hip hop
He1000 = laid back, nimble, extremely musical, impressive detail retrieval, incredible soundstage, great sub bass, excel with soft rock, classical, acoustic

Thanks so much for the comparison, very useful!

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,019 of 3,817
  It squeaks - but I think people are using the price as a sort of prima-donna argument that it should not squeak for the money. I think the money went into the design of the acoustics. Metal against metal - squeaks.

Does it squeak when on my head, and music is playing - no. That would irritate me 
mad.gif

I haven't noticed a squeak on mine.  Have I missed it, or has nobody reported trying some lubrication at the offensive squeak-generating area? 
confused_face_2.gif

Sewing machine oil, decent grease, or even a dry lubricant like Teflon.  Applied to the area in small amounts. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #2,020 of 3,817

I haven't noticed a squeak on mine.  Have I missed it, or has nobody reported trying some lubrication at the offensive squeak-generating area? 
confused_face_2.gif

Sewing machine oil, decent grease, or even a dry lubricant like Teflon.  Applied to the area in small amounts. 

Nice.

A few have just used oil I think and the issue went straight away. The grinding of metal (the crunch) I'm not sure of how that can be fixed.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #2,021 of 3,817
I haven't got mine yet so can't say but if it does, I would suggest use little silicon grease. Type that for lubricting o-rings. doesn't smell usually and won't drip.

Quote:

confused_face_2.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #2,022 of 3,817
My EF-6 had a problem with an intermittent ON switch. It would not always get out of its Start-Up mode. It was dependent on which outlet I had it plugged into, and it got worse with time (less than a week).

They replaced the EF-6 with a new one. The On button on the new one stuck out much more than the one's so I suspect the old one's button might have gotten pushed in during shipping.

Thanks,
I had the same problem last week. Before coming blu, the purple light took longer (even to 20 minutes) and some times switched from blu to purple during listenining. Then I put it sounding with a cheap headphone the whole weekend 4-6 hours working, 1 hour pause. Now is working like before, and when I switch it ON and Off I do it always with the cheap headphone plugged. I Hope it will continue to work as it is doing.

"It was dependent on which outlet I had it plugged into" can you specify more this thing? Thanks

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #2,023 of 3,817
Thanks,
I had the same problem last week. Before coming blu, the purple light took longer (even to 20 minutes) and some times switched from blu to purple during listenining. Then I put it sounding with a cheap headphone the whole weekend 4-6 hours working, 1 hour pause. Now is working like before, and when I switch it ON and Off I do it always with the cheap headphone plugged. I Hope it will continue to work as it is doing.

"It was dependent on which outlet I had it plugged into" can you specify more this thing? Thanks

I never thought of trying different headphone in it...it was always my HE1000s. Smart move!

When I would carry the amp to a different part of my house and plug it into an outlet in another room, for some it would work just fine, while for others, it would not get out of Start mode. No rhyme or reason to which outlets, and the outlets for which it would not work would work for other amps (Sennheiser HDVD800, Schiit Lyr, and others). The same thing happened when I took it back to the dealer... It would work in some parts of the store with those plugs but not in others with their plugs. When it didn't work, no amount of waiting, for hours, would let it work.

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #2,024 of 3,817
I haven't noticed a squeak on mine.  Have I missed it, or has nobody reported trying some lubrication at the offensive squeak-generating area?  :confused_face_2:

Works like a charm, in the manner described (sparingly)...

00-6793-NCL-FRONT.JPG

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #2,025 of 3,817
I haven't gone through the entire thread but I was able to perform some longer-term auditions on a few cans that some may be interested in (LCD-X, LCD-3F, Abyss, HEK, and HD 800)

https://audiobacon.net/2015/12/14/ultra-high-end-full-size-open-headphone-shootout/

I thought the Abyss were phenomenal and was in a league or two above the rest. I'm sure the Wells Audio Headtrip amp made sure of that. It's a ridiculously high performance amp. The HEK is an amazing headphone as well but a bit too soft for my taste. If the treble energy wasn't as subdued...it would've been perfect. Still the best all-rounder in the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back