Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #1,606 of 3,817
Ditto on great customer support from HiFiMAN. They gave me support beyond the call of duty twice on my HE1000s.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,607 of 3,817
+1. Also received only good support so far 
gs1000.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #1,608 of 3,817
Ditto on great customer support from HiFiMAN. They gave me support beyond the call of duty twice on my HE1000s.

I remember you saying this earlier.  This is good to hear. They went to all the trouble to run a beta testing program and make product changes immediately based on customer feedback (like the headband, for example, which they changed at least once, maybe twice, based on customer feedback).  So, in my opinion it doesn't really fit that now they'd suddenly stop caring and become non-responsive.  It sounds more like something doctorjazz described.  There's something wrong, but the cause is elusive, and the manifestations intermittent.  Very frustrating for all involved.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,609 of 3,817
Have to say, had some issues that were handled to my satisfaction as well. And, based on feedback, the headband is now available in a middle size (between the very large 1st release as Beta, and the small 1st production band), based on feedback. I was part of Beta, and the rep reached out to me (I had posted the released small version was very uncomfortable), asking what they could do. I'm waiting for the newer band, that I'll install (they say it's easy, we'll see how this 10 thumb wonder does, stay tuned. They were willing to have me ship it back, but I'd be without it for a while, so I'm willing to give it a try).
Still doesn't help, bummer when you have that intermittent problem. Have had these with my car, teeth, frustrating for all when it occurs as Saidentary mentioned.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,610 of 3,817
Is the EF6 a current mode amp? I think it's not but...

I read this:

"I asked Fang what his thoughts on the Future of Hifi Audio were. His reply was a shocking step away from everything the EF-6 is about:
... I also asked him what the design process of the EF-6 entailed and was again shocked to hear this:
“We designed this amp for the HE6, one of the lowest efficiency headphones in the world. We made four versions in almost 2 years, and finally decided to use the current design because it can provide the highest output and the best musical tone.  "

link :
http://www.headfonia.com/the-dark-side-beckons-hifiman-ef-6/

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,611 of 3,817
  Is the EF6 a current mode amp? I think it's not but...

We made four versions in almost 2 years, and finally decided to use the current design because it can provide the highest output and the best musical tone.  "

What??  I had no idea there was 4 different versions of this amp.  No wonder the impressions are all over the place.  I guess the first version is the one I had.  Wasn't my favorite that's for sure.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,614 of 3,817
can anyone talk about there experience with HE1000 at loud listening volumes at around 2:50 they talk about it on the inner fidelty video while doing comparisons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNciGZCJ-0

anything guys this really makes  me sad if its true since i like to listen usualy with more sound 

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #1,615 of 3,817
Yeah I saw that and I don't hear the same thing at all. I don't know how loud they're talking about, but I've not had any issues with my HE1000 losing composure at high volumes (which to me means high enough that if I turn it up any more it'll hurt my ears).

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #1,617 of 3,817
  can anyone talk about there experience with HE1000 at loud listening volumes at around 2:50 they talk about it on the inner fidelty video while doing comparisons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNciGZCJ-0

anything guys this really makes  me sad if its true since i like to listen usualy with more sound 

I have had a pair on demo this week and I did not find this. I use a Devialet 200 into my Auralic Taurus amp so quite powerful I would imagine. I also think if this was a major issue then it would be plastered all over this forum.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #1,618 of 3,817
I also tried doing it. Couldn't make it happen at very high volume.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #1,619 of 3,817

Yeah I saw that and I don't hear the same thing at all. I don't know how loud they're talking about, but I've not had any issues with my HE1000 losing composure at high volumes (which to me means high enough that if I turn it up any more it'll hurt my ears).

ok thats great but what amp and dac do you have?

I'm using an Yggdrasil/Ragnarok stack, along with a Pulse X Infinity and a DiDiT DAC212.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,620 of 3,817
Hopefully all the mentioned issues will be resolved. Still having my HE 500,  HE 560 and 
intend to get the HE 1000. Until all the issues resolve I put the purchase on hold.
May be I will give the new Audeze LCD 4 a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back