Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,316 of 3,817

Great review! Really nice job.

Just received my pair of HE1000se in the mail today and i'm happy to report no QC issues at all. I love the overall look (including headband style) so I think they're quite stunning. I'll be posting my thoughts on them vs HE1000v2 in the SE thread today or tomorrow. I'll just mention for now that I'm at my office without a desktop amp so i'm listening straight out of my iPhoneX and i'm utterly impressed. The increased sensitivity has made a world of difference.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #3,317 of 3,817
Good day everyone,
I have the opportunity to purchase a V2 demo unit for $1,699. However, I'm hearing that the V1 has more bass and the treble isn't strident.
I'd be using the Burson Soloist SL and Burson DA-160 as my set up.

Which would you guys recommend?

EDIT: I couldn't wait to pass up on such a deal so I went ahead and bought the V2. It also came with a balanced cable that is worth $600.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #3,321 of 3,817
EDIT: I couldn't wait to pass up on such a deal so I went ahead and bought the V2. It also came with a balanced cable that is worth $600.
I think you made the right decision. I still have the HE1000 V1, but equipped with V2 pads, which make most of the difference between the two versions. However, my pair seems to have slightly more bass nonetheless in comparison to a V2, but if I were to buy one new, I would go for the V2 (since now I have to equalize the bass down a bit anyway).

Are you saying what I have won't power these cans to a proper volume?
Don't listen to that guy! I've had some hefty discussions with him some time ago. He thinks headphones need speaker amps to sound at their best. I can confirm from my own experience that that's not the case. My HE1000 sounds perfect driven by my Chord DAVE.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3,323 of 3,817
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm glad that I don't HAVE TO buy a new amp.

However, I am interested in purchasing a balanced amplifier for under $1000, preferably under $500.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
I do prefer warmer amps by the way.

Thanks guys!

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #3,325 of 3,817
Dec 11, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #3,326 of 3,817
EDIT: I've been listening to these for around 5 hours and I can safely say that I love them. I'm also waiting to a Cavalli Liquid Carbon V1 to come in.

These are the only headphones where I can easily turn up the volume and not worry about any sibilance, stridency or overwhelming sound characteristics to turn my brain into mashed potatoes.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #3,329 of 3,817
I already have the Fostex TH-900 but I prefer orthodynamic presentation. Currently enjoy my HE-500 but want go further in detail and layering.
I have tested HE1K V2 several time and I really love it. But wonder if V1 or SE could be more appropriate for my use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back