Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday - July 2nd, 2016 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #61 of 98
Two things that I will keep repeating until the event and during the event:

1.) Whether you read the rules and regulations or not, everyone who attends the event are subject to the rules and regulations, whether you are bringing equipment or not.

2.) If you are bringing equipment, you need to bring a power strip with at least 5 sockets and an extension cord that is at least 10' long. If you need a power strip or an extension cord, Best Buy sells both in many power strip varieties and 10', and 12' long extension cords. If you don't bring both, then you are not going to hook up your stuff, as there are only 5 2-port electrical outlets in the room. With this said, don't be the one that has to run to Best Buy or some other store to get their stuff on this day.

Edit: At least 10' long extension cord for good measure. You can bring more extension cords as well, just at least one has to be at least 10' long.

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #62 of 98
Wish I could go, I will be in Malaysia July 1 - 12, then on to the show in Tokyo.   S.E. Texas is my stomping grounds, did an externship at Baylor, and lived in Clear Lake during that time. (Grew up near Beaumont)

It sure would have been nice to go, I'd would have gone on down to Galveston as well.

If there is a show in Texas again, please let me know.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 25, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #63 of 98
Im down in Corpus and very interested in attending. Do you still have table spots? Ive got a Gungnir Multibit, mjolnir 2, ZMF Omni Cocobolo and Grado RS1e i could bring if there's room...

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #64 of 98
Wish I could go, I will be in Malaysia July 1 - 12, then on to the show in Tokyo.   S.E. Texas is my stomping grounds, did an externship at Baylor, and lived in Clear Lake during that time. (Grew up near Beaumont)

It sure would have been nice to go, I'd would have gone on down to Galveston as well.

If there is a show in Texas again, please let me know.

Sorry you couldn't make it. There might be another Houston meet in the coming months, so stay posted!

Im down in Corpus and very interested in attending. Do you still have table spots? Ive got a Gungnir Multibit, mjolnir 2, ZMF Omni Cocobolo and Grado RS1e i could bring if there's room...

I have your info and your stuff will be at the meet!

Also, there have been more people cancelling that had more of the stuff I expected (laptop, portable DAC/amp, and headphones) and more people wanting to come with even more stuff than I expected. When I looked at the list, I first thought "Wow, that is a lot of Schiit!" and then wondered how much power this will take up for those 5 outlets with power strips and extension cords. I am glad we all don't have speaker setups, but I did have to change some things.

First, I changed a little while back the maximium number of people with equipment from 20 to 16, due to more people showing up with more power-hungry equipment and ensure that we still have electricity for the entire meet schedule. ATM, there are 11 people with equipment signed-up, so there are still plenty of spots!

The second thing I changed is the required power strip outlet number from not specified to 5 and the required extension cord length from 5' to 10', because two outlets are above counters that will be next to the food, so we need longer extension cords to use those outlets and keep away equipment from the food.

The last thing that I have changed is the schedule. Although the meet starts at 10 am, we will finish setting up at 11 am by re-arranging setups and tables, plugging in the most power-hungry setups first to see if the library's electrical current can take the power draw from the setup and then moving on to less power-hungry setups, and checking other stuff, like electrical cords, is not as in the way of walkways. Those without equipment are certainly encouraged to help others with equipment set up their stuff on the table. We will unhook all setups clean up starting at around 3:45 pm to make sure the room is back in the condition it was in when we arrived and let the library see the room afterwards.:)

Edit: Also, I have PM'd my shipping info to mrspeakers, but have not heard back from him since then. I have heard the Ether Electrostatic Prototype, but I am sure that many of you have not heard it, so please PM him or post in related threads about having the prototype at our meet immediately, so that everyone can hear it. :)

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #65 of 98
wow, a Houston meet! Never been to a meet before so I got some nooby questions. If we bring stuff can we still go around the room to other people's tables? And how does the hygiene thing work if you bring earbuds? Wet wipes?

if yacob can't make it, I can help spread the gospel of earbuds - VE Monk, Monk+, Zen 1.0, Zen 2.0, Sennheiser OMX980, Shozy Cygnus.

if no one else brings them, I've got a HD800 w/ anax mod, LCD2 rev2 non fazor, and Beyer T1.

And then a Yulong D100 mk1 and Lake People G103 hooked up to a laptop.

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #66 of 98
ill pass on what i was told, if u bring amps/dacs gear u need to go thru a process i believe, but u can bring ur headphones and preview just ask owners if u can demo their gear first and i think wet wipes would be sufficent for earbuds i would think

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #67 of 98
wow, a Houston meet! Never been to a meet before so I got some nooby questions. If we bring stuff can we still go around the room to other people's tables? And how does the hygiene thing work if you bring earbuds? Wet wipes?

if yacob can't make it, I can help spread the gospel of earbuds - VE Monk, Monk+, Zen 1.0, Zen 2.0, Sennheiser OMX980, Shozy Cygnus.

if no one else brings them, I've got a HD800 w/ anax mod, LCD2 rev2 non fazor, and Beyer T1.

And then a Yulong D100 mk1 and Lake People G103 hooked up to a laptop.

I will PM you for your info. The center of the meeting room will be nothing but chairs, so that people can listen to strictly portable gear, like IEMs, DAPs, portable DAC/amps, etc., or just a place to sit down. As for how to handle portable gear, rules, and regulations, see the next quote:

ill pass on what i was told, if u bring amps/dacs gear u need to go thru a process i believe, but u can bring ur headphones and preview just ask owners if u can demo their gear first and i think wet wipes would be sufficent for earbuds i would think

What he is talking about is part of the rules and regulations that everyone must adhere to the meet, whether you read them or not. Everyone is encouraged to bring a portable set or tub of wet wipes. I did not require this because of all the different wet wipes out there. Do not bring industrial/medical grade wet wipes (wipes with bleach, wipes that kill hospital-grade bacteria/viruses, etc.), as they have excess liquids on them and the solution can and will be harsh to skin, clothing, and electronics. If you bring these, I will ask that you keep them somewhere outside of the meeting room, like the library front desk. I will personally bring a portable set of generic all-purpose wipes, as the bathrooms do not have seat covers and that is just plain gross.:)

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #68 of 98
Great news!

I've been talking with @Luke Pighetti from Vibro Labs about borrowing a set of his new Aria IEM's to demo at the meet.  No promises, but he's working on getting us a set that we can listen to.  The biggest problem is getting enough clean tips for people at a meet to use, so we may be limited to first 10 or 15 people depending on how many he can scrounge up, but it's still an exciting opportunity.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #69 of 98
Great news!

I've been talking with @Luke Pighetti
 from Vibro Labs about borrowing a set of his new Aria IEM's to demo at the meet.  No promises, but he's working on getting us a set that we can listen to.  The biggest problem is getting enough clean tips for people at a meet to use, so we may be limited to first 10 or 15 people depending on how many he can scrounge up, but it's still an exciting opportunity.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Wow, that is great news! Keep us posted on this!

In the meantime, I updated the equipment page to say that wipes are encouraged, but not required. This is not done at CanJams, so why not raise the bar in meet standards? :cool:

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #71 of 98
I have not been checking the forum as frequently as I use too since I returned back from work in Saudi Arabia and just today saw about this meet so I would love to attend though I'm still fairly new to the forum I've been a long time Hi Fi fanatic since the 80s when I was leaving high school. I hope to make a showing just to see! thanks for  hosting it pbui44!

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #72 of 98
Hey guys! Going to see if I can make an Aria universal show up. Will post more information when I have it... cheers!

Keep us posted Luke and thanks a bunch!:)

I have not been checking the forum as frequently as I use too since I returned back from work in Saudi Arabia and just today saw about this meet so I would love to attend though I'm still fairly new to the forum I've been a long time Hi Fi fanatic since the 80s when I was leaving high school. I hope to make a showing just to see! thanks for  hosting it pbui44!

I will send a PM requesting your info.

Jun 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #73 of 98

Aria is making an appearance at Houston head-fi meet thanks to @Mumbles06 !

After basking in the freedom capital of the world (at the very least, freedom from building codes!) it will enjoy 4th of July festivities with @Mumbles06 and then continue on to the USA tour.

I will be sending a @Comply tacklebox filled with TS-600 tips for you guys to use along with some sanitizing wipes.

OK! Thanks all for the invite and I wish I could be there in person! But hey, lets be honest, you guys just want to see the Aria, not my bearded face. 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and because of the Houston tour I'm extending my one-time-only-I-never-do-deals discount through the 4th of July. Coupon code HEAD-FI on my website for 20% off.

Cheers!

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #74 of 98

Aria is making an appearance at Houston head-fi meet thanks to @Mumbles06
 !

After basking in the freedom capital of the world (at the very least, freedom from building codes!) it will enjoy 4th of July festivities with @Mumbles06
 and then continue on to the USA tour.

I will be sending a @Comply
 tacklebox filled with TS-600 tips for you guys to use along with some sanitizing wipes.

OK! Thanks all for the invite and I wish I could be there in person! But hey, lets be honest, you guys just want to see the Aria, not my bearded face. :D  

Oh yeah, and because of the Houston tour I'm extending my one-time-only-I-never-do-deals discount through the 4th of July. Coupon code HEAD-FI on my website for 20% off.

Cheers!

Thank you very much, Luke Pighetti and Mumbles06! The Arias and Ether Electrostatic Prototypes are on their way! :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #75 of 98
Well, I'm pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back