Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday - July 2nd, 2016 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #31 of 98
NEWS FLASH! The one-and-only mrspeakers just told me that he is willing to loan his Ether Electrostatic prototype to us for the event!

He also informed me that my E90 energizer might now power them adequately and recommends something that is more robust. Anyone have an electrostatic amp that can power them? PM me about it. :cool:

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #32 of 98
NEWS FLASH! The one-and-only mrspeakers just told me that he is willing to loan his Ether Electrostatic prototype to us for the event!

He also informed me that my E90 energizer might now power them adequately and recommends something that is more robust. Anyone have an electrostatic amp that can power them? PM me about it.
cool.gif

Let me know if it's a Stax pro jack.

HS

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #34 of 98
Let me know if it's a Stax pro jack.

HS

It does have a Stax pro jack, but I will have it available for 4-5 30-minute listening sessions for anyone wanting to try it on their rig, then I will leave it on Alan's Stax SRM-006t for the rest of the day, as people might leave early.

I no Longer have the IE800 but I now have a Burson HA-160   &  Hifiman HE-560 with Best in the Verse Cable.
I will leave the M50s at home and bring the Hifiman HE-560s

I have changed your stuff accordingly.:)

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #36 of 98
Hi all,

I would like to join the meet up!
Hope to see all

I sent a PM regarding your info.

Now that we will have a mrspeakers Ether Electrostatic prototype at the meet, I will require info from everyone and those who did not provide info to me will not be allowed into the meeting room of the library. This is one of the very few, if not only, times that people will see the prototype for less than $5 or even free, and even then people had to sign up for a ticket. I am not even requiring tickets or possibly even cash, just your info to make a name tag for you and provide the library with who was in the meeting room during our time. I did list on library paperwork our meet as a "non-profit" event arranged by members of "Head-Fi.org", so this applies to everyone. Friends and family only need to be specified by a Head-Fi member that PM'd me their info.

With that all said, please PM me your info to attend the meet. I hope to see you there. :)

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #37 of 98
Hmm now all we need is someone to bring along an HD800! Anybody?

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #38 of 98
Hi! New to this site for the most part, but I've had my eye out for a meet up that wasn't too far away. 
I'll be traveling from Oklahoma City, but I'm staying the weekend in Houston anyway for 4th of July weekend.
I'd like to bring my setup with me as well. Overall, it's nothing impressive, but I don't think these are on the list already.
I've got a:
Stax SRM-252S
Mayflower Electronics Objective2 with ODAC Revision B.
SMSL Sanskrit 6th 32bit/192kHz

Headphones/earspeakers:
Stax SR-L300
Mayflower Electronics Fostex T50RP Version 1 with Shure Pads (not sure exactly what pads M.E. uses)
Sennheiser HD598 SE

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #39 of 98
Hmm now all we need is someone to bring along an HD800! Anybody?

Once you hear the Ether Electrostatic prototype, I am not sure that you will care about the HD800 afterwards! :wink:

Hi! New to this site for the most part, but I've had my eye out for a meet up that wasn't too far away. 
I'll be traveling from Oklahoma City, but I'm staying the weekend in Houston anyway for 4th of July weekend.
I'd like to bring my setup with me as well. Overall, it's nothing impressive, but I don't think these are on the list already.
I've got a:
Stax SRM-252S
Mayflower Electronics Objective2 with ODAC Revision B.
[COLOR=111111]SMSL Sanskrit 6th 32bit/192kHz[/COLOR]

Headphones/earspeakers:
Stax SR-L300
Mayflower Electronics Fostex T50RP Version 1 with Shure Pads (not sure exactly what pads M.E. uses)
Sennheiser HD598 SE

I just PM'd you for you info, so check your Private Messages box.

I noticed that the meeting room has only five wall outlets with 2 plugs on each one, so remember to bring power extension cords and power strips. Also parking has already gotten full at 11 am today and one of the library staff said that people will get towed parking at any business or shopping center for library patrons, so our overflow parking will be on a residential street across from the library called "Wickersham Lane". If the parking on Wickersham Lane gets too deep, there is another residential street called "Overbrook Lane".

Here is a picture of the Weslayan/Willowick and Westheimer intersection:

Here is the picture of residential street Wickersham Lane and the median where you would U-Turn to get to the library:

Both pictures were taken right next to the library entrance, so look them over before leaving for the meet. The street is not that busy, but there are a lot of people coming to the library, as it is Summer and the area itself is busy. If anyone has a dolly or some caddy to move your gear, bring it! :)

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #40 of 98

This is the parking lot ATM, and there is another white Toyota RAV4 waiting around the corner with the one in the picture, and another car just came into the parking lot! I should have addressed this more closely earlier, but at least we still have two weeks. I will revise the rules and such for parking soon, but look over the pictures in the mean time. It is not a long walk or anything, but those with equipment may need a dolly...but a suitcase with wheels may suffice as well. If you don't have that much stuff, your backpack or something like that is fine.

Edit: Whoops, small picture. Mobile format is not that useful.

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #42 of 98
I PM'd with my equipment request to attend. And since I'm into photography I'll be taking lots of pictures if that's okay.

I replied back to your PM and photography is fine, just as long as you provided me with your info and you have an ID badge on you.

I also had to send a PM to many of you regarding what source you are bringing. Basically, space for one 20" laptop is the limit.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #43 of 98
I just finished updating the first-three posts thoroughly, so I highly recommend looking back all three of those posts. If there is something missing or does not make sense, PM me about it and I can see what I need to change.:)

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #44 of 98
I forgot that before or after CanJams, people would make plans before or after the shows, so I made the following section:

Pre-Meet and Post-Meet Event Arrangements:

Basically, if you have plans before or after our meet and would like to have other head-fiers there, PM me or post about it and it will be there on the third post for everyone to see!:cool:

Edit: BTW, I found them on special, so St. Arnold's Beer Brats are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back