Apr 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #91 of 109
Got my gs1k today! Weeee!!!
gs1000.gif

Its #311

Apr 19, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #92 of 109

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #94 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by schugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was #494 or #495 two and a half weeks ago before one of the earpieces fell off the attaching rod.

Two and a half weeks later it is now #1255.

BTW, does anyone else find moving the rods up or down to adjust the position kind of stiff? They don't move quite as easily as my RS1s or my 225s. I am afraid of pulling on the earpieces too hard in case that is what caused the earpiece to come loose in my first set.

-- Sanjay

The same happened to mine -- one of the earpieces simply fell off about 3 weeks after I got it. Sent it back for repairs, but I got the same ones back. If this is a common occurrence or defect, Grado should have a recall and upgrade the rod assembly to one that will stand up to normal wear. Still, I love the sound and am thinking of getting a second pair, but balanced this time around.

Jun 16, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #95 of 109
#1628 checking in. Burning in right now
gs1000.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #96 of 109
#3304 just arrived today. Physically the woodwork is pristine. No
"Friday-afternoon" workmanship here.

Sonically, the usual pre-burnin complaints - boomy bass, recessed mids. Not sibilant though. Will have to run these in for more than a few hours. Hope things improve.

I need a better amp. I'd like to try bowls on these too.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #97 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#3304 just arrived today. Physically the woodwork is pristine. No
"Friday-afternoon" workmanship here.

Sonically, the usual pre-burnin complaints - boomy bass, recessed mids. Not sibilant though. Will have to run these in for more than a few hours. Hope things improve.

I need a better amp. I'd like to try bowls on these too.

Hey jpelg.....Congrats,

Im using bowls right now ( letting the bagels dry after a shampoo ). IMO soundstage is still there ( although obviously not as much ), sounds like a smoothed out more mellow RS-1 / 2. Glad to hear you received a nice looking pair, mine also show no signs of " Late Friday syndrome ", wood grain is very nice,colouration is dark, everything seems top notch.

I did however compare this pair with two others and one was very pitted (little black specs). Burning mine in right now also.....like what Im hearing.

Enjoy

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #98 of 109
Thanks!

I have an Eddie Current EC/SS on the way. Bowls are back-ordered, so I'll burn in the amp & cans with the bagels for a few weeks. Maybe I'll decide to like the big pads better *shrug*.

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #100 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be a member of the club within a month. Going to order them from Drew on Thursday with a Black Dragon cable. Really looking forward to it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope you enjoy them. Paired with your Opera looks like a winning combo.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back