Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #646 of 761
I've just received my docs... I think I can't say much more than what has been said here.
wink_face.gif
They made my day.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #647 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a bigger tweek than removing the cloth take out the drivers, dremel out the frontispiece and replace the driver with an SFI orthodynamic tweeter.

Its like a whole new headphone.
biggrin.gif

Now what size bit did you... Heyyy!!!

You...

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #648 of 761
if i want to recable my docs, what should i use?

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #649 of 761
Read this whole thread today, yes, all 44 pages. Took me about 2 hours
smily_headphones1.gif
Pretty fun and interesting reading, so many people like them and quite a few say they're near as good as 600's, 225,325's e.t.c. Quite pleased because currently I'm looking for a pair of nice headphones and I was leaning towards SR80's but now, this is what I need, just everything in 1 headphone I want.

I really think GR should release a bit higher end headphones, costing around £150-200 (that should be around 250-300$ but it's not accurate) for those audiophiles who love docs but want something slightly better but with all gr's qualities.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #650 of 761
I'm just A/Bing the Goldring NS1000s, which have the same drivers as the DR150s, against a borrowed set of HD580s.

The HD580s sound better (plus it's oven vs closed) but I'm struck by how similar the sound signature is. The HD580s are a little darker, a little warmer and have a bigger soundstage. There's surprisingly little in it though.

Still yet to try a set of DR150s. Have owned and liked every other Goldring full size headphone so they're on my to-do list.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #651 of 761
ear, try DR150's before you say that 580's are better as NS1000 are a whole lot different

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #652 of 761
Eh? Never said that HD580s were better than the DR150s. As I said - looking forward to trying a set.

Was making the point becuase the HD580s are similar to the HD600s, which the DR150s are often compared to. The NS1000s and the DR150s are certainly different types of phones, but they're bound to share some characteristics, being from the same stable and sharing drivers.

IMO, every set of Goldrings I've tried has punched above its weight in terms of bang for buck. The NS1000s, in particular, have surprised me as, simply in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling phones aren't generally known for offering good value. In a way - I'm actually paying them a huge complement.

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #654 of 761
Hopefully I'll order them next Tuesday (once I get money for my old headphones.) And I should have them by next Friday (next weeks).

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #655 of 761
Damn, Amazon is truly great, I just recieved mine (and I ordered them at very late Thursday night) instead of 3-5 days they said.

Can't tell what they sound like because I'm ill and I feel weird. But they definitely sound different from HD215's and I can't tell if I like them or not.

The sound is well... rather interesting. Never heard anything like this before, the sound seems so distant instead of speakers stuck in your ears (HD215's) and DJ Tiesto - Alone in Dark sounds rather tasty, as well as Floyd - Come 2-Gether even though they're 192Kbps. I'll try some FLAC later on.

Update: After a night of some pink noise, they're starting to sound better and better, some trance sounds really good. Although the sibilance is still quite noticeable in a few songs but as many have said, it should go away with time.

Another slight update: Another night of pink noise but I still haven't had a good chance to listen to them properly because of my condition but lets talk about the build quality. It's very solid, very nicely made, would even say superb for such price and the comfort is wow, amazing. But there is a catch, the headband adjustment simply fails, it's way too loose. Even if you try your best to adjust it to your comfort the headband will still **** up even if they're not sitting on your head but on a stand. I'll ask around for some advice on how to fix this because this is rather annoying.

Update: Trying to fix the headband didn't work, there's nothing really you can do but to get used to it. After a week I can say that these definitely change after some burn-in, they sound a lot nicer. And imo these really are great for the price, really good. I mainly listen to trance (a fan of State of Trance) and even though all files are mp3, they sound amazing, simply perfection. I believe that with a better soundcard these would improve beyond recognition.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #656 of 761
These are currently on offer at Play.com in the UK for £29.99 delivered. Couldn't resist and I have a pair on their way.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #657 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are currently on offer at Play.com in the UK for £29.99 delivered. Couldn't resist and I have a pair on their way.

Snap!

Mine should be with me in the next couple of days.

Seemed like too good a deal to miss
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #659 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks for the heads up, just ordered myself a pair, been wanting them for ages, thank you so so so much

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #660 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ^adm^ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there ppl,

Anybody can buy & ship me a set from play.com? I would be sooooo grateful.

Sure, I could help you out with that. If you send me a private message with your details, I will respond with my address. You can then order them yourself and use my address as the delivery address. When they arrive I will find out the shipping rate based on the weight and size of the package. I'll let you know and you can pay me via Paypal Gift, and I'll post the out when payment arrives.

I appreciate I have only just joined this forum, but I have a good trader rating on AVForums, and Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back