Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #677 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by adsmithy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wheres the best place to get these in the UK?

Dunno about the best but Amazon Marketplace are probably cheapest at the moment. £38.90 +£4 delivery, from Hughesdirect, who I believe are reputable.

Play.com is a quid more to get them delivered but you are dealing with the actual company rather than an independent seller.

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #679 of 761
Dunno. From headphones I've heard, the Sennheiser HD580 are clearly better but are now discontinued. You might pick up a 2nd hand bargain.

I wouldn't say the Senn HD595 is better. Soundstage is bigger and build quality is better but I'd say the Docs have the edge for detail.

Someone posted a comparative review with the ATH AD700 (which are very popular here and stupidly expensive in the UK compared with USA) and favoured the Docs a couple of months back. I know these were FOTM for a while but I'm surprised they're not getting more attention at current prices (especially the £29.99 I got mine for when play.com had a sale).

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #680 of 761
Owned my dr150 for about 2 years now and the headband has finally bit the bullet on both sides.Cracks started appearing a while ago and now they have completely snapped just through general usage no abuse.
Shoddy build quality on the headband then
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #681 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by c64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Owned my dr150 for about 2 years now and the headband has finally bit the bullet on both sides.Cracks started appearing a while ago and now they have completely snapped just through general usage no abuse.
Shoddy build quality on the headband then
frown.gif

Pictures please.

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #683 of 761
The three headphones are all built to the same sizes in terms of parts. Its the colours that change mainly.

Good luck getting Goldring to sell you any parts individually though. My requests for SR-50 earpads fell on deaf ears.

A DR-50 is less than £15 these days though. Throw in a few more quid for a set of SFI drivers and you're well on your way to something that'll crush anything costing less than say £100.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #684 of 761
Mine just shipped today. I had them awhile ago, and couldn't really put a finger on why I didn't like them; I remember enjoying them. Looking forward to burning these puppies in!

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #686 of 761
I just paid a little over $90, shipped from England to Washington State, so my formula is usually the low, going price for these, minus $15 or $20, and including shipping (provided they're in excellent condition). So, ~$75 shipped?

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #689 of 761

What are SFI drivers?  
Quote:
The three headphones are all built to the same sizes in terms of parts. Its the colours that change mainly.

Good luck getting Goldring to sell you any parts individually though. My requests for SR-50 earpads fell on deaf ears.

A DR-50 is less than £15 these days though. Throw in a few more quid for a set of SFI drivers and you're well on your way to something that'll crush anything costing less than say £100.

EDIT: After a little more googling, it seems that they're ribbon tweeters. Interesting, I've found some 8 ohm and 120 ohm ones, I think I may order a couple and experiment. :)

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #690 of 761
im little surprised this fullsized headphone has narrow soundstage, and the sound is similar to grado sr125 based on my ear

sorry for my bad english, still learning  

-----update-----
heared this cans for the second times and totally different from i what hear last time 
confused.gif
  , tottaly un-grado like ,bass is better and not aggresive at all

burn in effect? using same source (ipod classic 6th) and not amped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back