Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
Mar 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #78 of 173
  Hey guys,

I've found a bug in the FW. I've favourited a track and then on the next day I reshuffled my library on the SD card and that track was removed. Now when I got to the favourites and go to delete the track from the list, I does not delete it from the list. Nothing I can do to remove it. 

Also, one thing that really sets my OCD off is the SD card icon in the top bar. The icon should be lit as a warning/indicator that there is not card inserted, instead of the other way around. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

PS. I'm absolutely in love with the X1 :)

In addition to my previous request.

Is it possible to increase the "Idle shut off" time to something higher. When I'm listening at work and have to leave my desk I usually come back 10 mins after to find the X1 is shut off. Can we add a 10, 15 and 30 min interval please.

Thank you! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #79 of 173

In addition to my previous request.

Is it possible to increase the "Idle shut off" time to something higher. When I'm listening at work and have to leave my desk I usually come back 10 mins after to find the X1 is shut off. Can we add a 10, 15 and 30 min interval please.

Thank you! 
biggrin.gif

Seconded, I have exactly the same situation.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #80 of 173
  The m3u playlist feature is great. But even if FW1.22b I'm up against the problem that some euro characters (é, ö, ç, etc.) aren't recognised on m3u playlist and can't play songs include such characters. It display the message "File not found".
I generated m3u playlist by VLC media player and edited file path to relative by text editor. Of course text encoding is UTF-8.
On the other hand, while browsing files or songs, there is no problem.

I hope this issue will fixed on next FW release.

e.g.)
NG: Röyksopp, J'ai demandé à la lune, Meditaçao
OK: Sissel Kyrkjebø

You have to take the ANSI-format - no problems any more!

The euro characters problem on m3u file has solved! Thank you Kepala!

My environment is Mac OS X 10.9, and store FLAC files on network storage.
Therefore I'm using "VLC media player for Mac" to making m3u playlist files.

The problem seems come from m3u file's UTF encoding method of VLC media player or MacOS X File System. I solved this problem using two different text editors. 

The solution is below;

1) Open m3u file by "CotEditor (http://coteditor.com/)", then change text encoding to "Western (Mac OS Roman)" and save.

2) Open converted m3u file by "Sublime Text 2 (http://www.sublimetext.com/)". By default, text encoding is not appropriate,

3) On "Sublime Text 2", choose "File" -> "Reopen with Encoding" -> "Western (Mac OS Roman)"  submenu,

4) In addition, choose "File" -> "Save with Encoding" -> "UTF-8" and save the file.

This will bring good result.
Sorry for poor english :p

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #81 of 173
There's a a feature that I really NEED to be totally satisfied with the UI, that I think is great in general!

When appears a message warning that "line output should not be used with earphones" and you press back, it appears a popup to select the output format (headphone, or line output)...... I would enjoy having a shortcut to access this popup whenever I want manually... because when I want to use line output in the car it's very annoying to find the option in the menu (indeed, painful, when a song is playing and it forces you to pause the song and return for a second time to find the option of the output format......

I think this is a really easy option to implement (in fact, it is already implemented), the only necessary thing is to think of a shortcut not already taken.... maybe holding down "rewind" or "forward" in the menu? or pressing various buttons simultaneously?

Thanks for your attention! Keep the good work!!

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #82 of 173
Totally agree with this ^ perhaps long pressing the two buttons above the jogwheel together?

Another thing that still bothers me (which apparently has been fixed in the X5 firmware) is the back button behaviour. Why can't a short press of the back button *always* take you back to the playlist when you're on the Now Playing screen?

I often find myself having to go back into the file browser and scroll down right from the top. It's quite irritating.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #83 of 173
  There's a a feature that I really NEED to be totally satisfied with the UI, that I think is great in general!

When appears a message warning that "line output should not be used with earphones" and you press back, it appears a popup to select the output format (headphone, or line output)...... I would enjoy having a shortcut to access this popup whenever I want manually... because when I want to use line output in the car it's very annoying to find the option in the menu (indeed, painful, when a song is playing and it forces you to pause the song and return for a second time to find the option of the output format......

I think this is a really easy option to implement (in fact, it is already implemented), the only necessary thing is to think of a shortcut not already taken.... maybe holding down "rewind" or "forward" in the menu? or pressing various buttons simultaneously?

Thanks for your attention! Keep the good work!!

I totally agree. An auto pausing function is needed when switching to LO! This has happened to me 2 times now.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #84 of 173

The euro characters problem on m3u file has solved! Thank you Kepala!

My environment is Mac OS X 10.9, and store FLAC files on network storage.
Therefore I'm using "VLC media player for Mac" to making m3u playlist files.

The problem seems come from m3u file's UTF encoding method of VLC media player or MacOS X File System. I solved this problem using two different text editors. 

The solution is below;

1) Open m3u file by "CotEditor (http://coteditor.com/)", then change text encoding to "Western (Mac OS Roman)" and save.

2) Open converted m3u file by "Sublime Text 2 (http://www.sublimetext.com/)". By default, text encoding is not appropriate,

3) On "Sublime Text 2", choose "File" -> "Reopen with Encoding" -> "Western (Mac OS Roman)"  submenu,

4) In addition, choose "File" -> "Save with Encoding" -> "UTF-8" and save the file.

This will bring good result.
Sorry for poor english :p

Dear FiiO developer,

I realised that the issue of euro characters on m3u was caused by Mac OS X's file system specifications.
Most of operating system supports UTF-8 "NFD(Normalization Form Canonical Decomposition)", but Mac OS X supports UTF-8 "NFC(Normalization Form Canonical Composition)" on its file systems.

The difference between NFC and NFD is detailed below;
http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/Character_Encoding
http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/

Therefore all of playlist maker on Mac OS X generates playlist by "UTF-8 NFC" as each track file name, on the other hand, ID3 tagged song name is  "UTF-8 NFD". 

e.g.)
#EXTINF:230,Ma Chérie (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark Radio Edit) [feat. The Beat Shakers]
DJ Antoine/Ma Chrie/02 Ma Chrie (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark Radio Edit) [feat. The Beat Shakers].m4a

On Mac OS X, "iconv" command can solve this problem, but I think most of users don't know such a issue.

e.g.) iconv -f UTF-8-MAC -t UTF-8 "playlist.m3u" > "playlist_nfd.m3u"

Note: In a precise sense UTF-8-MAC is little different from UTF-8 NFC.

I hope great FiiO developer will implement that X1 recognize UTF-8 NFC if track names in m3u were UTF-8 NFC.

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #85 of 173

Dear FiiO developer,

I realised that the issue of euro characters on m3u was caused by Mac OS X's file system specifications.
Most of operating system supports UTF-8 "NFD(Normalization Form Canonical Decomposition)", but Mac OS X supports UTF-8 "NFC(Normalization Form Canonical Composition)" on its file systems.

The difference between NFC and NFD is detailed below;
http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/Character_Encoding
http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/

Therefore all of playlist maker on Mac OS X generates playlist by "UTF-8 NFC" as each track file name, on the other hand, ID3 tagged song name is  "UTF-8 NFD". 

e.g.)
#EXTINF:230,Ma Chérie (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark Radio Edit) [feat. The Beat Shakers]
DJ Antoine/Ma Chrie/02 Ma Chrie (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark Radio Edit) [feat. The Beat Shakers].m4a

On Mac OS X, "iconv" command can solve this problem, but I think most of users don't know such a issue.

e.g.) iconv -f UTF-8-MAC -t UTF-8 "playlist.m3u" > "playlist_nfd.m3u"

Note: In a precise sense UTF-8-MAC is little different from UTF-8 NFC.

I hope great FiiO developer will implement that X1 recognize UTF-8 NFC if track names in m3u were UTF-8 NFC.

Very good catch 
beerchug.gif
. Though I think the Mac uses NFD for file names, and the Fiio recognises NFC based on what I read (i.e. the other way around). Which ever way around it is, your iconv command line works perfectly. My Platypus Droplet for generating playlists from folders and their sub-folders now works perfectly, too. Of course, it isn't so useful now that we have "Play through folders" on the X3. If anyone is interested in it, you can download it from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvhq0uf3o128zjw/Playlist%20Droplet.app.zip?dl=0

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #86 of 173
I'm one of those "placebo" people, who hears differences in sound between different firmwares.

My X1 came with 1.21 installed. I installed 1.22beta, and then wanted to switch back and forth between 1.21 and 1.22b.
I realized after installing 1.22b, that I didn't actually have 1.21 to reinstall. I went to the FiiO site and found 1.0 and 1.1, but nothing else.

Is there a download site for 1.21 (and any other X1 firmwares?)

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #87 of 173
  Very good catch 
beerchug.gif
. Though I think the Mac uses NFD for file names, and the Fiio recognises NFC based on what I read (i.e. the other way around). Which ever way around it is, your iconv command line works perfectly. My Platypus Droplet for generating playlists from folders and their sub-folders now works perfectly, too. Of course, it isn't so useful now that we have "Play through folders" on the X3. If anyone is interested in it, you can download it from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvhq0uf3o128zjw/Playlist%20Droplet.app.zip?dl=0

Yes! you're right! I wrote by mistake NFD and NFC reversely :p

Mac OS X's file system: NFD
The other OS or X1 recognition: NFC
is correct.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #88 of 173
Okay. Searched and can't find the answer. Probably not using the right words, or not being specific enough. Does the 5800 limit only apply to Category view? Is the Folder Browser exempt from the limit? If so, I'll just use the Folders menu.

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #89 of 173
  Okay. Searched and can't find the answer. Probably not using the right words, or not being specific enough. Does the 5800 limit only apply to Category view? Is the Folder Browser exempt from the limit? If so, I'll just Folders menu.

Yep - no limits on folder view.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #90 of 173

Yep - I just tried again.  Maybe the exFAT is the issue.

Anyway fw is 1.22beta.  Card was formatted inside the X1, and then files were copied over.  To delete, highlight folder, top left button, choose the trash symbol, click, confirm - folder (and contents gone). 

Yes, folder deletion doesn't seem to be working on exFAT.

Any chance next firmwares would add folder deletion support for exFAT?

This would be a VERY useful feature. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back